Bottling.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate bottling too. I've got 40 pint bottles, it's the washing and sterilising that does my head in and takes an entire afternoon and I've got to make sure the kitchen is clear before I start too. The little bottler has definitely helped things though.

Bottling is a bit of a chore but my method is a big lidded plastic storage tub filled with water and thin bleach. After I pour a bottle of beer, I give it a rinse out and stick it in the storage box ensuring it fills up with the bleach water solution and leave it until I need to use it again, and clip on the lid. Over the course of a few weeks I just keep adding the bottles to it as I go through them.

I then simply rinse with clean water and I'm ready to prime them for my brew. If it's longer than a month before my next brew is ready, I'll probably empty out the box and fill it again the night before with water and thin bleach again before rinsing the next day.

On bottling day I can rinse, prime, fill and cap and clean up everything in about 1.5hrs no problem.

Back