Bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@trummy I share the same technique as you. I have never felt the urge to buy a bottling wand, tube squeezing is a skill and an art. I enjoy being able to top up bottles to the required level on squeeze control alone. It's all part of my enjoyment of brewing. So long as I don't lose concentration there are rarely any overflows.
acheers.

Probably a couple of hours.

Use no rinse sanitiser. Contact time is 30 seconds.
I got no rinse steriliser from love brewing (1kg) to save time, but find it very stubborn to dissolve, so I end up rinsing to remove the little blighters clinging to the insides, also very annoyingly the lid is beyond my capabilities, so after spilling half the tub onto the carpet in the spare bedroom (pretty sure SHMBO won't read this) I now have a jar with a few little additions in it that I can open and close without a drama :laugh8:

The bottling wand is ace IMHO as the beer it displaces in a 500ml bottle leaves a good space when removed if you remove said bottle from the wand just as the beer reaches the top of the bottle.

I very seldom bottle more than a few bottles at a time as most of my beer is kegged. When only bottling a few, I add priming sugar to the bottles. When I did all bottling, I added the priming sugar to a small pot of water which was already boiled and add the syrup to the batch. Stir it up and start bottling.

I use 1L PET bottles this end. Soak, brush and drain in the bath. No-rinse sanitiser in a bottle pump washer. 1 hour waiting and then filled through a little bottler.

All in all that takes about 2 hours, and usually requires a bottle of a previous brew to help with the waiting bit.
I've found time passes quicker with some good music playing in the background.

I got no rinse steriliser from love brewing (1kg) to save time, but find it very stubborn to dissolve
I bought some of that, not 1Kg fortunately. I found it awful stuff, like you say really difficult to dissolve so not sure how it can truly be no rinse. After that I bought Starsan which is in a different league altogether.

I got no rinse steriliser from love brewing (1kg) to save time, but find it very stubborn to dissolve, so I end up rinsing to remove the little blighters clinging to the insides, also very annoyingly the lid is beyond my capabilities, so after spilling half the tub onto the carpet in the spare bedroom (pretty sure SHMBO won't read this) I now have a jar with a few little additions in it that I can open and close without a drama :laugh8:

Disolve? I've never heard of a no-rinse that wasn't a liquid.

Attachments

• 161766397943396084157.jpg
    161766397943396084157.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 47
I also use one called safe brew from home brew online but have no issues dissolving it

Latest posts

Back