Bought a Mr Beer Diablo IPA by mistake

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andybiker

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Bought the above online when not paying full attention the other day (whilst working from home with an 8 year old) . Came to start it only to note when reading the instructions it is supposed to be done in Mr Beer's special setup.. and it only brews 2 gallons.

My question is can i do anything with in a normal FV the way i do all my kits? or am i screwed?

Seems a lot of trouble to go to for about 13 pints.

Cheers

Not familiar with those kits but it just looks like a tin of hopped malt extract, so you should be able to make it up in your FV as normal by adding water to the desired volume. In fact The Homebrew Shop description says "Each kit can be made in the Mr Beer or Coopers Craft Equipment, but you also can make this in the normal way in a fermenting bin "
https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Mr-Beer-Diablo-IPA-Craft-Refill-Kit.html

Give it as a birthday present and use the money saved to buy the one you would have bought in the first place.
Share the love.

Last edited:
You know, it's just one batch. If it's a small one you don't have to do it again.

Some decent temperature control and some patience you might end up with something you like.

I'd make it.

All the Best,
D. White

Latest posts

Back