Bought beer..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drink my homebrew unless;

• I haven't got any ready (although this is becoming a rarity)
  • I want to recover yeast from a bottle conditioned ale (only once in a blue moon)
  • I want to try something that interests me that I haven't tried before for research (more frequent, but still the exception rather than the rule)
  • I'm in a pub (maybe once a week).

Something VERY BAD happened recently.... I tipped a batch of HB down the sink, just not good and the first to go that way in decades. As a result I've been buying bottles of ale to supplement my meagre supplies until more recent batches come online. I can tell y'all this - not one of them has been a patch of my own. What a complete waste of time, money and boot leather. If I ever find myself in such a dire predicament again, I'd sooner sup the missus' wine ( which I make) than pay one penny for any commercial ****. Homebrewers buying someone else's beer? WTF?? Does a master mechanic get the bodger down the road to fix his wheels? Cos that's what it's akin to.

Something VERY BAD happened recently.... I tipped a batch of HB down the sink, just not good and the first to go that way in decades. As a result I've been buying bottles of ale to supplement my meagre supplies until more recent batches come online. I can tell y'all this - not one of them has been a patch of my own. What a complete waste of time, money and boot leather. If I ever find myself in such a dire predicament again, I'd sooner sup the missus' wine ( which I make) than pay one penny for any commercial ****. Homebrewers buying someone else's beer? WTF?? Does a master mechanic get the bodger down the road to fix his wheels? Cos that's what it's akin to.
What did you buy?

That I can recall... Newky Brown, Bishops Finger, Old Empire, Bass Original, Wild Bill's IPA, Hobgoblin summat or other, Ruddles ( WTF has happened to that??), and a few more I can't remember. All dishwater IMHO.

They are all utterly dreadful.

Master mechanic takes his car to the scrapers. Buys a Yugo to replace it. :laugh8:

That I can recall... Newky Brown, Bishops Finger, Old Empire, Bass Original, Wild Bill's IPA, Hobgoblin summat or other, Ruddles ( WTF has happened to that??), and a few more I can't remember. All dishwater IMHO.
That's like listening to Nickelback, The Script and Coldplay and concluding that all bands are sh*te.

So are you guys seriously suggesting that I should spend even more in the hope that I might encounter something decent? Haha.... no.

So are you guys seriously suggesting that I should spend even more in the hope that I might encounter something decent? Haha.... no.

I have tried many bottles of beer (as you know i don't make my own) some have been poor and some great and they have all been the same price in the local supermarket 4 for £6 offer, could i make better beer than my favourites myself i don't know but one thing is for sure at £1.50 a bottle its no big deal if i find one i am not keen on.

Nah, just don't be surprised that generic, bland supermarket ales are generic and bland.

Don't worry though, next time you have to dump a brew give us a ding, there are plenty here who'll steer you towards some quality commercial beers so you don't have to waste your money again athumb..

Latest posts

Back