Bread Maker.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Below is the recipe from the book but we switched the water and milk powder for 1 1/8 cups skimmed milk.

Water - 1 1/8 cups
skimmed milk powder - 2 1/2 tbsp
Butter - 2 1/2 tbsp
sugar - 2 1/4 tbsp
Salt - 1 1/4 tsp
white flour - 3 cups
dry yeast - 1 1/4 tsp
Thanks @Chippy_Tea
But WHY do they feel the need to put sugar in bread… FFS…

Yes. Paddle stays in the bread usually, which is why I only ever just make the dough, then remove & cook in the oven.

picture of my low carb bread, done in the way you describe.

ECFCD84F-C9BF-4CF3-8931-94D437D64E05.jpeg

SWMBO is going to try the recipe in the book then we are going to try no milk powder and see if we can spot the difference.

I like the sound of peanut butter bread and i will also give the cheese and onion bread a try.

I didn't think people used bread makers any more, the Op shops seems to be full of them.
Thanks @Chippy_Tea
But WHY do they feel the need to put sugar in bread… FFS…
Sugar helps the crust form according to your own Paul Hollywood😍 He puts sugar in his bread, good enough for him it's good enough for me.
11/2 teaspoons / 500g

Only been making bread for a couple of years. I have mixed the ingredients by hand a good few times, was very satisfying but the machine does a good enough job. The biggest improvement in my loaf was when I bought a cast iron bread pan to bake in the oven, was a game changer. Much more repeatable bake plus you can experiment with the baking time and temp.

Cheers Tom

I put sugar in my bread with an equal amount of salt, also 15 ml of vinegar, some suggest it helps the life of bread, which it would, but I think it is more to do with pH. (That is in 1kg of flour)

I put sugar in my bread with an equal amount of salt, also 15 ml of vinegar, some suggest it helps the life of bread, which it would, but I think it is more to do with pH. (That is in 1kg of flour)
Never thought about putting vinegar in bread dough. Going to give it a go after Googling it.athumb..

Emma

Parents were having a clear out so I thought I would give it a try.
Can you still get bread mixes for the machines. The supermarkets used to carry them but I haven't seen them for a while. I liked the Potato Bread mix my mum used to get.

First time bread making today but fell at the first hurdle, we didn't have dried milk powder so searched and found a few threads saying you can substitute the water for skimmed milk, could members who have used one tell me if this is the case or is the first loaf going to be a disaster?
Breads made from flour water and yeast as long as you have these it's fine

I didn't think people used bread makers any more, the Op shops seems to be full of them.

Sugar helps the crust form according to your own Paul Hollywood😍 He puts sugar in his bread, good enough for him it's good enough for me.
11/2 teaspoons / 500g
Yeah and he still kneads his dough lol

I remember my Mum used to put tsp cider vinegar in her hand made bread and it always used to rise very well, when we first had a bread machine I tried it and made a right mess as the dough came over the top of the pan and down onto the element! I’d forgotten will have to add when next make some Scot’s rolls dough to safely bake in oven.

Latest posts

Back