Breaking News - Edwin Poots is elected DUP leader

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power is shared between Christian fundamentalist Uber British nationalists and neo Marxist Uber Irish nationalists. And its the good people over here that keep on voting them back in.
While I wouldn't entirely agree with your analysis you have some very good points.
However I would not describe Sinn Fein as Uber Marxist. They came very close to coming to power in the last election in the South. They are currently morphing into a leftist party.
The DUP is between a rock and a hard place with the Irish protocol and the Brexit.

While the political situation matures there will be still need for power sharing in Northern Ireland. Until sectarian politics is a thing of the past.

While Northern Ireland is still not perfect, it's in a much better situation than 30 years ago.

. It would drive the country forward and bring about a more liberal and tolerant society.
The thing that made the Republic more fair and equal was young people no longer having to emigrate and migration of workers from the EU.

Young people have the ability the see a world in a much more positive light than us old gobsh1tes.
Talking to other nationalities living here enables us to have a different perspective on our situations.

My wife (French), when she moved to Ireland first, was bemused with our abortion laws.

Society itself has changed alot. Young people don't care and rightly so. Number's are down in all forms of religion.
Education and Jobs should be the main priority. The DUP need to try and make Northern Ireland work for everyone, at the moment they seem to be hell bent on causing as much damage as possible. Poots will not implement the terms of the protocol, Northern could have a chance to prosper. Unfortunately I can see the government collapsing and the progress made in the last 10 years lost.

All i can say about Ireland is what i know and that is, it's a great place to visit on a motor bike ( Ring of Kerry ) on a rally we had a ball the people we met were great and the criac was fantastic, live in peace brothers and enjoy you deserve it acheers.

Last edited:
All i can say about Ireland is what i know and that is, it's a great place to visit on a motor bike ( Ring of Kerry ) on a rally we had a ball the people we met were great and the criac was fantastic, live in peace brothers and enjoy you deserve it acheers.
Ireland is a beautiful country 👌

While I'm no DUP sympathiser, it roundly appears that the DUP have been used as a pawn in the UK gov's agenda, sold down a road of fantasy (i.e. promised more power and prominence) and set up for a huge fail over Brexit. The tantalising whiff of power within the UK that the DUP have been given has ignited the touchpaper of hope and a conviction of their own importance. From the outside (and the way the media portrays it), the uneasy compromise of party politics has boiled down to nothing but a bunch of competing egos fighting for their own political lives and when the spotlight is on them to stand up and do what's right for their country, they end up bickering and stabbing each other in the back. Not a good image to project.

While I'm no DUP sympathiser, it roundly appears that the DUP have been used as a pawn in the UK gov's agenda, sold down a road of fantasy (i.e. promised more power and prominence) and set up for a huge fail over Brexit. The tantalising whiff of power within the UK that the DUP have been given has ignited the touchpaper of hope and a conviction of their own importance. From the outside (and the way the media portrays it), the uneasy compromise of party politics has boiled down to nothing but a bunch of competing egos fighting for their own political lives and when the spotlight is on them to stand up and do what's right for their country, they end up bickering and stabbing each other in the back. Not a good image to project.
I just hope its sorted soon but I won't hold my breath. We need a government in place to try and guide us all out of the pandemic.
The stakes are to high for the government to collapse but it looks like the DUP have backed themselves into a corner...

if it does go to the polls again, you’d hope the DUP would be punished, but the fear of a symbolic sinn Fein majority will no doubt see them back in again, and the cycle continues.

it’s time for the SDLP, UUP and alliance to be given a chance. They should join forces to get this message out.

if it does go to the polls again, you’d hope the DUP would be punished, but the fear of a symbolic sinn Fein majority will no doubt see them back in again, and the cycle continues.

it’s time for the SDLP, UUP and alliance to be given a chance. They should join forces to get this message out.
Hopefully something change's. It just an endless cycle of ****.

Last edited:

SDLP is it the Social Democrats for the Liberation of Palestine if so they're splitters.

Back