Brew builder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaside brew

Reaction score
Aftenoon.... I ordered some parts from brew builder on Thursday evening to make an electric boil kettle and have had no email etc to say when I can expect delivery of the parts. Does anybody on here have any experience with dealing with this company? When I check my order status it's still processing. I understand the weekend will have effected things to a degree. Just seems abit unusual to not of had an e.t.o.d

I have used them. they were good. if you have instagram ask as they normally write straight back.

Ok, thanks. I don’t have it but my kids do I’ll have to try that when I get home from work.

Easiest way is if you have a smartphone, just get the DPD app, put your details in, check it. He uses DPD, so if your order has been shipped it'll be right there on the DPD app for you to see and track. The Malt Miller, Get Er Brewed and The Homebrew Company also use DPD (as to some Amazon sellers), so so long as you use the same name and email address with them you can use the app to track those orders too once dispatched.

If you don't have a smartphone, well, it's 2020 and you're on a web forum, so it can't be for privacy reasons... 🤪

Hahaha...yeah I have a smart phone!! I’m not that backward, I just ain’t got no social media. That’s well helpful though ta. I’ll try that. I’ve emailed em and still had no reply

Hahaha...yeah I have a smart phone!! I’m not that backward, I just ain’t got no social media. That’s well helpful though ta. I’ll try that. I’ve emailed em and still had no reply

lol Glad you saw the funny side as intended. athumb.. As to no social media, don't blame you, nothing to do with privacy concerns either, just that it's usually a poop show of bullying and ego on there.... :laugh8: Then the folks who were friends start using their accounts to advertise the pyramid scheme they signed up to at you, and you end up snoozing them too... aheadbutt

Email, well it's often reliant on somebody actually opening either webmail or their email client, and nothing going wrong like emails getting put into spam folders etc... That's what I like about just been able to track if something has been dispatched. Pretty sure Brewbuilder is a 1 man show, and he gets VERY busy as his stuff is popular too. You will get it though, unlike some, never had an order from him not arrive, and always cheaper than other sellers.

Totally know what you mean on that score Ade, can’t be doing with all that. As you say, it just seems like a lot of people use it to puff up there egos. Not knocking the people who use it but it’s not for me. I downloaded the app and there’s nothing showing on there at the moment but what you have just told me gives me piece of mind, I’m happy to just wait it out now after hearing that. I’m just keen to get it put together so I can start using it!!

As to no social media, don't blame you, nothing to do with privacy concerns either, just that it's usually a poop show of bullying and ego on there....
Not my experience. But there again all my facebook `friends' are in fact all people that I actually know.

As I say not meaning to cause anyone any offence, just the impression I've got listening to people talk about some of stuff that gets posted up on there. I've never been on it in my life so I haven't really got any room for an opinion!

Not my experience. But there again all my facebook `friends' are in fact all people that I actually know.

Mine are now, it's the so called groups on there, they make a forum like this look like a polite group of friendly folks who never disagree about anything... 😜 That said, the Steam forums, oh by the gods, the Steam forums.... lol If all you do with it is talk to real life friends though, well, that's what Whatsapp is for...

I use Whatsapp for my immediate family. Facebook more for keeping in touch with more distant friends and also I run 3 groups on there where I post photos of relevant stuff to keep followers in touch with anything that's happening. They're all to do with local folky things that are going on. So no moronic comments etc. which I appreciate happens a lot on other groups.

Bought a three vessel system from Brew Builder and had a great experience. Any slow correspondence is typically due to just being a busy guy.

Had all my bits turn up today. Well Pleased. All holes cut, elements, tap and sight glass Dry fitted. What's the best way to remove cutting oil residual before a permanent fit up?? Thanks in advance. Alex

That’s sounds good to me. Brilliant. I was hoping someone would say something simple like that.

Just be thorough with your washing and rinsing is my advice. My last rig was a DIY one, cut the holes myself etc (brew builder stockpot, got my fittings from there too, and I think I got my cutters from him as well possibly), and to be honest I don't think I was thorough enough. My first brew with it tasted of a nice mixture of metal and onions. Metal from the brand new equipment, onions from the Jester whole hops (had onion flavours in every brew I made with them...). lol Went down the drain.

This time around I was very very very thorough cleaning and rinsing my new machine funnily enough..... :laugh8:

But yeah, he's a busy guy. I don't know if he's usually a 1 guy show, but pretty sure he is right now due to Covid. Dunno about everybody else, but I know it can be a hard choice between getting orders made and dispatched, and taking time out to reply to emails etc. Even if you do it from a mobile device whilst having a quick coffee, you can only reply to so many people at a time. Where in the past it used to take him 24 hours or so to reply to an email, as even then he was super busy.

Sounds lovely!! Yeah I’m well conscious of not wanting any of the oily metallic taste coming through into the first couple of batches I make with it. It will be my first full all grain brew so don’t want to spend all the time and effort making a beer for it to taste mainly of cutting oil!! Fair play to the bloke he didn’t really hang about at all getting it sent out I was just a bit concerned about not hearing any thing from him, but as you say he probably busy and more than likely don’t have the automation of emails some of these big outfits have. Would it be worth giving it a boil up with some oxy or similar after giving a scrub out with soapy hot water?

I just boiled normal water in my new machine, ran it through the pump and pipework for a while etc, then ran cold through a few times too, rinsed it all well. Did the job, as my first brew in it came out delicious, even though the brew day was a catalogue of disasters. :laugh8: It'd been a while since I last brewed, and I'd gone from DIY eBIAB to a commercial all in one machine with a plate chiller. lol

Funnily enough, I got the plate chiller from Brewbuilder....

I know all about nightmares... I done a partial mash with a can of coopers A.P.A. I was kind of doing Greg Hughes America I.p.a but lessened the hopping to allow for the 30 ibu’s in the can.. done the boil in an 18 liter pot. Had to get my miss’s to hold a colander with muslin layed over it above the f.v to try and strain the hops. Absolute carnage!! Constantly blocking, wort all over The kitchen floor, up the cupboard doors. Hence a decent size boil kettle now. She wasn’t happy!!

Latest posts

Back