Brew Day Records

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrolhead

Regular.
Reaction score
My brewing is half on the back burner at the moment for good reasons in that I have decided that I want to improve my technique, and hopefully the end results!, so I am upgrading my brew shed and equipment. This will also make brewing a little easier as at present I set up my gear outside the shed in good weather. Good weather being as long as my umbrella can fend off the rain.

Not a sexy part of this upgrade but I realise that my record keeping has to be improved greatly so that I can revisit recipes and results. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good record sheet for a brew day and possibly a final section on the result?

Many thanks.

Do you use any brewing apps?

Personally use brewfather for all notes, and records. Brewday and through to finished drunk product

I came across this record sheet a few years ago. I use it for every brew day and its great to look back on old recipes. I note all my brew timings on the back and have noticed I am getting quicker after 35 brews....

I have also attached a brew day log sheet. I don't use this one but you might find it useful.

Attachments

• Home-Brewing-Record-Sheets.pdf
    431.8 KB · Views: 270
  • home-brewing-log-sheet.pdf
    145.6 KB · Views: 485
My brewing is half on the back burner at the moment for good reasons in that I have decided that I want to improve my technique, and hopefully the end results!, so I am upgrading my brew shed and equipment. This will also make brewing a little easier as at present I set up my gear outside the shed in good weather. Good weather being as long as my umbrella can fend off the rain.

Not a sexy part of this upgrade but I realise that my record keeping has to be improved greatly so that I can revisit recipes and results. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good record sheet for a brew day and possibly a final section on the result?

Many thanks.
Old Ale.jpg

Here's a photo of the notes I take for a brew day, might be helpful?

That's all great advice thanks. I like the idea of a written journal but I also need to choose an app to use. A whole new question.

I use OneNote. Each brew has it's own page and I can add all the notes and pictures I want and it's accessible on my phone and computer.
Sorry to jump into an old thread! Do you have a template you follow in OneNote? I have been looking at apps, but OneNote seems a far more sensible option!!!

Do you have a template you follow in OneNote?

Try this one - it's just the brewers friend one in a OneNote template.. (it's the first time I have tried to export a template, let me know if it works!)

Once open, you may have to go to Insert --> Templates --> Save Current Page as Template

Thanks!! I'm struggling to open it in OneNote. but it's probably my work computer blocking Dropbox :)

I'll give it a look on the PC when I get home! Thanks again!

I’m probably a bit old fashioned and use Excel spreadsheet. Print off a sheet on brew day. Make notes as I go along taking care not to spill too much beer on it, then put the data into the pc and save the file for future reference.

C8BACE1E-D61D-4CAD-8FBD-2C4B134F6AA5.jpeg

Included the excel file but don’t know if it’ll work on here:confused.:

Attachments

• Brew Day Record.xls
    20 KB · Views: 155
Thank you very much! I'll give it a look! The apps are ok but having the ability to add photos and random notes seems an excellent idea.

Latest posts

Back