Brew day soundtrack

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only ever put music on whilst brewing the one time, put some good rock on.... Walked back into the room to find that my wife had changed it to Steps (or it might have been SClub7, it's all the same to me)... Haven't done it since. aheadbutt

I only ever put music on whilst brewing the one time, put some good rock on.... Walked back into the room to find that my wife had changed it to Steps (or it might have been SClub7, it's all the same to me)... Haven't done it since. aheadbutt

Headphones are the answer(in your case) not only can you have the music as loud as you like without interruptions but also no sound from the wife(ahhh double bubble). :laugh8:

Another vote for prog from me as I also like to brew to odd time signatures - Tool being a brew day favourite.

As I'm off work I'm just starting a bonus, midweek brew day (an El Dorado & Nelson pale). As always, cleaning the kitchen, making a coffee and putting on some sounds are the first jobs of the day. I always like to have a nice mix of music whilst brewing so was thinking I'd put a playlist together. I like something quite mellow to begin (currently liking Beck) ; I then get into some retro blues rock for the mash (anything remotely Led Zeppelin inspired); followed by some loud guitars for the boil (particularly two piece outfits like Black Keys, White Stripes etc); finishing with some ambient, electro whilst chilling (pun) and transferring to the FV.

Does anybody else have favourite brew soundtracks?

Funnily enough, the last brew day I had I listened to both 'Sea Change' and 'Morning Phase' by Beck as I didn't want anything too heavy. They're actually both very good albums.

Virgin Radio Anthems can be quite a good listen. If not that I usually listen to an amazon music playlist of about 650 songs.

Hawkwind are having their 50th anniversary tour this year!
I've seen them twice. Once while I was at Uni in the 70s - watched 3 songs then me and all my friends went off in search of the bar. Second time was at a bikers festival in Derbyshire, unfortunately our stall faced the stage and we couldn't escape it.

I've seen them twice. Once while I was at Uni in the 70s - watched 3 songs then me and all my friends went off in search of the bar. Second time was at a bikers festival in Derbyshire, unfortunately our stall faced the stage and we couldn't escape it.

Ah fans like you have kept them at the top of their game for 50 years it seems wink...

I'm gonna go see Tool in Lisbon. I'm incredibly excited.

I listen to a lot of Black Sabbath right now, who I think are the second most important band in modern music (after the Beatles). I could seriously listen to them all day.

Headphones are the answer(in your case) not only can you have the music as loud as you like without interruptions but also no sound from the wife(ahhh double bubble). :laugh8:

It would be, if I didn't always end up having to give my headphones to my daughter as she breaks yet another pair, which is always the end of the world... She's even managed to snap the head band on a set of Bluetooth ones we got for her as we were sick of her breaking the cables on normal ones.... Plus I already cop flack for been a bit deaf when my wife calls to me (as I really am a bit deaf in my right ear, with constant tinnitus too...)... lmao

The only headphones left are USB ones plugged into my PC, the one thing keeping them safe from our daughter.....:laugh8:

It would be, if I didn't always end up having to give my headphones to my daughter as she breaks yet another pair, which is always the end of the world... She's even managed to snap the head band on a set of Bluetooth ones we got for her as we were sick of her breaking the cables on normal ones.... Plus I already cop flack for been a bit deaf when my wife calls to me (as I really am a bit deaf in my right ear, with constant tinnitus too...)... lmao

The only headphones left are USB ones plugged into my PC, the one thing keeping them safe from our daughter.....:laugh8:

tinnitus here too. How do you get on with noise-cancelling headphones? Can help, but the whoosh when you take them out less good...

I'm gonna go see Tool in Lisbon. I'm incredibly excited.

I listen to a lot of Black Sabbath right now, who I think are the second most important band in modern music (after the Beatles). I could seriously listen to them all day.
I must check out Tool again. Ashamed to say I had let them drop off the radar. Agree with you about Sabbath, but as it's Lent I'm going to dig out and dust off my neglected collection of Spock's Beard to accompany tomorrow's rip-off of Crew Republic's Drunken Sailor. Pity the poor neighbours- still, at the end of the day, it's what you do, not what you say.

tinnitus here too. How do you get on with noise-cancelling headphones? Can help, but the whoosh when you take them out less good...

Never tried them to be honest, they're usually a bit expensive. Stung enough paying £60 for the Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 headsets for my wife and myself (the one plugged into my PC), but they're oh so comfortable (memory foam around the ear pads!) and the sound quality on them is fantastic (virtual 7.1 for one thanks to the inline sound processor on the USB bit)! Oh and don't let on, but it is actually possible to unplug the headset from the USB part and use it with a phone, but if I get spotted doing that by my daughter... There's no way in hell she's getting THAT headset! There's also the small problem with not been able to hear ANYTHING with them on, the completely block outside sound once there's music or anything playing through them, I've been known to slip them on when I have a migraine, just for a bit of quiet.... lol

My tinnitus takes the form of a really high pitched squeee noise most of the time, sometimes with a rushing noise, sometimes with a backing bee bee bee bee bee bee bee that's a slightly lower note... My right ear, which is the one I'm a bit deaf in anyway, so you can imagine the flack I cop when I don't hear my wife over the noise of the squeeeee if she's on the wrong side of me, or there's too much noise in my left ear (or I want some quiet in bed from the noise of the neighbours dog barking or something, so lie on my left ear...lmao)…. lol You have to love dodgy ear infections (happened in both ears at different times years ago, Dr called it wet ear as your ear runs with liquid constantly, hearing came back fully in my left, but not in my right).

Wouldn't work anyway, I'd just get told off for not been able to hear my wife... She nags me enough when I wear my headset when using my PC whilst gaming... lol

Latest posts

Back