Brew Dog Hype

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone brewed Hype from DIY Dog? I assume that the hop quantities need to be multiplied by 10.
This is the recipe DIY Dog Hype
Somewhere around 10x sounds right, it'll depend on the AA of the hops you can get hold of though. Tinker with the recipe in of of the calculators and see what it takes to get you to the 65 IBUs. Be very wary of the DIY Dog recipes though - they're riddled with mistakes to the point that they must be deliberate...

Be very wary of the DIY Dog recipes though - they're riddled with mistakes to the point that they must be deliberate...
Yes, I've heard that. The only Brew Dog beer I have brewed was a Punk IPA kit from Brew UK. It turned out very well. One day I will have to compare the kit ingredients with the DIY Dog recipes

Yes, I've heard that. The only Brew Dog beer I have brewed was a Punk IPA kit from Brew UK. It turned out very well. One day I will have to compare the kit ingredients with the DIY Dog recipes
I did a few of them from the DIY Dog PDF when it was first released. The ones I tried went from one of the best I've brewed myself (Albino Squid Assassin) to definitely the worst (Moshi Moshi 15 - so hoppy it was undrinkable for months).

ive Done a few and they have been hit and miss, I did the 5am official pack which came out great but when I tried to replicate it from their recipe not so much. Their recipes seem to be super efficient also so I generally need to up the grain bill by at least 10 percent to hit the numbers. Also I am never sure what they mean by caramalt, I think they are deliberately vague on this and they vary it a lot.

Latest posts

Back