Brew father

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Can't pin down what it was about brewers friend why I didn't take to it, but thank heavens for brew father to get me away from BIABacus

I used brewer's friend for a couple of years but was getting more and more fed up with how parts of my recipes would disappear as I edited other bits. Tried brewfather based on recommendations in another thread earlier this year and love it. So easy to use, see changes you make in real time, I like the ability to track your brew day and it makes it easy to see if you are on target etc. Water calculator is also good. Needless to say I have cancelled my brewers friend subscription...

Recently used the Brewfather recipe maker to plan and brew my first all grain batch, an American IPA.
It made it easier to understand the process, I really like the style feature which lets you tweak amounts/timings to hit ideal ABV, IBUs,colour, etc.
It makes the whole thing less hit and miss for a novice
Hit the predicted OG/FG, ended up with a shade under the calculated 10 L which I was pretty happy with.
Already have my next batches planned
on it !

I've downloaded the(free)app for now to see what it's like.
I'm using a 3 vessel set up...is it suitable for this? There seems to be lots of all in one systems in the equipment profile but nothing for 3v..
I'm probably not getting it...

I'm using a 3 vessel set up...is it suitable for this? There seems to be lots of all in one systems in the equipment profile but nothing for 3v..

Make your own,most 3v systems are bespoke.

Hi Clint i don't think biab is on there either which is what i do think i might have a look on you tube for tips and tricks athumb..

I have tried most options and find BrewFather by far the easiest to use. Plus they allow AMS and DWB additions in their water calculator *mind blown*

I used Beersmith for many years before getting fed up with it and trying Brewfather. It's a revelation really just in terms of ease of use, equipment integration and inventory tracking. I bought an annual subscription a couple of weeks after trying the free version.

The CRS addition is very welcome and shows how responsive the developer is - I joined to discussion to have it added. There is room for improvement with it - it could do with also being added to water pH acid addition part of the water treatment page aswell, but that will come in due course if it's requested.

It also has GF control integration, but I haven't tried it yet. I also like the fact it's cloud based, so I can use multiple devices and it's kept up to date.

Definite thumbs up from me.

Brewfather have a Facebook page that the developers are active on.
They encourage feedback and suggestions which they often act on. They also want any bugs reported which they seem to sort out immediately.

Back