brew fridge questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldfieldbeer

Reaction score
Yesterday i did my first brew in about 2 years. I got a fridge big enough to get 2 pressure barrels in it and a stc 1000 that has been sitting in the shed unused for the last 2 years. On saturday I decided it was time to set the fridge up for the first time and get it in the summer house. I made a small timber frame to fit in the fridge to create a platform for the upper pressure barrel to sit on and give me something to mount the heater tube to. I was hoping to get 2 beers fermenting at the same time in there but then thought I wouldn't be able to control the temp of both beers fermenting at the same time.
After this beer has finished fermenting and in the king keg would it be ok to start another beer in the same fridge with the probe from the stc 1000 taped to the side of the FV to keep that at a steady temp. I suppose what I want to know is would the temp needed for the fermenting beer affect the beer in the king keg?
thanks in advance

If you are wanting to say ferment the new beer and carb the one in the keg then dependent on what you are brewing can you not just stick the probe to the inside of the fridge and set the ST1000 to 20C and that way keeping both at the temperature of the fridge.

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was important to keep the fermenting beer at a constant temperature and not just the air temperature inside the fridge.

Would it affect the brew in keg if the air temperature in the fridge wasn't consistent as the priority was the fv temperature?

Back