Brew Kettle Leaking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamow

Reaction score
12D1ACC6-7222-4658-B40D-53361B6109C9.jpeg
45FAE012-94ED-4D10-B044-73F7848E8C25.jpeg
I’ve got a leak at the join behind my brew kettle thermometer. There’s a silicone washer in place. I’ve re-seated it but to no avail. How best to remedy this?

No. I don’t have any of that. I could get some though. Is keg lube robust enough for a kettle repair bodge? It’s quite a steady trickle when filled above the thermometer fitting with water. I looked at food safe sealants but I’m unsure if they are the best solution.

If it's as bad as that then a new washer will be required. I actually use a food-safe silicone spray for my kegs and it does a great job. The other bodge I'd maybe try, is a load of PTFE tape around the washer.

Thanks! That sounds promising for a fix. Where would you get a new washer though, just in case?

Check the kitchen cupboard for a silicone baking tray or similar and cut a gasket from making sure it's a tight fit but not twisted. I've done this on a few occasions and no issues though haven't had a thermo well.

Thanks for the above advice. I’ll post an update on my progress in due course

Back