Brew Kettle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesteve

Reaction score
Been thinking of moving away from a pot on the stove to getting something a bit better and was looking at this..............

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-Ap...Beer-Homebrew-Kit-2585W30L-Double-walled.html
Anybody got any thoughts as to whether it would make much of a difference to using a pot?? Also, what happens after you have done your boil with something like this? Normally I would just dunk the pot in a sink of cold water to cool, what are the options with a brew kettle?

Thanks in advance.

I think @Rodcx500z started with that boiler. I have the cheapest klarstein mash Tun one, that I'm very happy with. Maischfest Mash Kettle Often around £200 for the 30 litre model, which including the grain basket and the copper chiller seems a good price. I'd love a grainfather but I don't have the £ and it wouldn't get me brewing any more...

For cooling my one came with the mentioned copper coil that I've never used - I either let it cool in the boiler until I can transfer to the fermentation bucket (about 60c), or lately with pressurised fermentation in a corny, I transfer it hot and then dunk the whole corny in a bucket with a wet towel on it.

Hi Steve, i started ag brewing with the Klarstein fullhorn biab i still have it along with the brewzilla gen 3, they are a great kettle and worth every penny, i did some great brews with it and to be honest the brewzilla just makes life easier well for me anyway, as to your question after the boil you can use an immersion chiller or do no chill and pitch the following day, i did both with no problems. The little fullhorn is 2 and a half years old now and still going strong

Hi Steve, i started ag brewing with the Klarstein fullhorn biab i still have it along with the brewzilla gen 3, they are a great kettle and worth every penny, i did some great brews with it and to be honest the brewzilla just makes life easier well for me anyway, as to your question after the boil you can use an immersion chiller or do no chill and pitch the following day, i did both with no problems. The little fullhorn is 2 and a half years old now and still going strong
As others have said, great bit of kit. I have a different make but very happy with it. I don't have a copper coil yet, so just transfer wort to my FV and cool in a cold water bath. Happy brewing 🍻

Latest posts

Back