Brew Machine 3.0 - Massive Overhaul

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do business intelligence (database coding) but I have been a code hacker for awhile and have a background in design. Its taken me a while to figure out what I wanted to do and one day it just all clicked. So the ultimate goal is to offer this as a free product to homebrewers and offer advanced features though a pay service to cover operational costs. I will provide all the hardware diagrams and a detail build walk though and offer turn key setups for those who have more money then time.

You will be able to load a beer.xml version of your recipe and your brewing stand and fermenter will be set based on those settings. A sensor will be placed on the airlock monitor fermentation activity and everything is data logged for future rebrews. The system is also aware of the ingredients used and will auto adjust based upon ingredients :)

Here is this weekends progress, some work on the plumbing:

IEBV0Am.jpg

the RIMS
GAqk75h.jpg

wood wrapped mashtun, not bad for a nerd. getting ready to glue
YdMXmen.jpg

Gluing attempt 1
Z1Q6nqw.jpg

Gluing attempt 2, I didn't add enough glue and it came out in about 10 chunks. Sanded some (left side) and added a ton of glue on the next try.
BFNnKaP.jpg

Top view
1vhgKIT.jpg

Plumbing
Combined input into the RIMS, though a sight glass, pumps then off to either the mash tun or whirlpool. The bottom of the bottom of the 4 way recirculates the excesses from the mash tun to not collapse the grain bed.

Pp48fDy.jpg

Strange Brew is up and running! Any web connected device can monitor as well control the brew :)

10441256_10202302651007832_1347684186304903574_n.jpg

Test Run
Time to test the system and see how well it works, after a couple of tweaks we will be ready for the final version.

nlAZaKh.jpg

Bypass in action
This is so awesome, we disabled the bypass (hose under the pumps) and starting pulling hard on the grain bed and you could see it instantly go cloudy. Opening the bypass the clarity returned after 10 seconds. We also discovered the bypass allowed us to kill the output to any vessel and recirculate with no change to the pumps. Awesome.

2rBkFTe.jpg

Tippy Tun
Simple & easy clean outs. I think the picture speaks for itself.
cY7IQ83.jpg

First Batch an IPL
A 5.5g hop monster and was a simple brew day.

Ss7IhoU.jpg

Also here is the whirlpool in action
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCYIYjBZa9g[/ame]

Latest posts

Back