Brew Monk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Brian it looks identical to the Ace/Klarstein so I am guessing it is just rebadged in one of its many guises. I have been using the old version of the Ace for close to 2 years (same but not the 9 step facility) and have done 30 plus brews with it and find it excellent with no real issues. My only advise would be and this seems to be a consensus of opinion with the majority of bonded element type systems is not to use it at full power as it seems that adds to element failure. I usually use 2000watts to reach mash temp which seems quick enough for me and 1900 for the boil and it boils ok for me as I have said I have done well over 30 boils with this system and no real issues

Great, thanks for the reply Baron.
Have you got a Beersmith profile for the system I could copy.
Also what efficiency do you normally get?

Hi Brian no don't use Beersmith but if you join the Facebook forum I think that people have posted profiles for it or just google it and it may take you to one of the answers. Its brewed some really good beers for me and the pump never seems to block as long as you put the bottom screen in and make sure you get it the right way which is opposite to how it is shown in the instructions again google it and I am sure it will be in the search results

Sorry forgot to add I set my system at 70% which is the lowest I get usually upto 75% amd that is with a simple jug sparge and that is Brewhouse efficiency not mash efficiency

I also bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Very nice piece of kit and successfully made my first brew without any issues.
However one thing I did notice is that the description of the unit says "Power is adjustable from 100W to 2500W in 100 watt increments". I found that whatever value you set for the power level it always starts at 2500W until it reaches near the set temperature then the Watts changes to 1800W or 700W to maintain the temperature. Although you can set the power to any level using the display/ buttons it is not actually used in practise.
Anyone else found this ?
Steve B.

Latest posts

Back