Brew No.3

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMyd666

Regular.
Reaction score
Right, I've now got a Coopers Dark Ale, 500g dark spraymalt and 1kg of light spraymalt. Too boring?aunsure....

I did one of these with 1.5KG of brew enhancer and to 21L.
According to my little brain (the brewing notebook) it improved massively after 6 weeks in the barrel.
Little note I made at bottom of page, says 'do it again'
I never did, but certainly hope to.

I made one a few years ago with 1 kg of spraymalt (can't remember which type) and also added some Demerara sugar, probably about 200-300g. I primed with Demerara sugar as well. It was very nice after about 4 months.

I was thinking about leaving it plain and not experimenting too much, but I like the sound of demerara.
How hoppy is it by itself?

It's not a hoppy style of beer - think of an English dark ale like Old Peculier, hops-wise not taste-wise.
Old pec is good, so if I can aim for something similar then great. Been a long while since I've had it, so need to figure out what to add

Or dry hop with a scorpion. ..hmmm

Because of Chippy Tea the new Woodforde's kits come with 2 packs of yeast, a dried scorpion, a diver's knife, X-Ray specs that actually work and a picture of Diana Dors in the nip. It's all the things men over 40 (homebrewers) wanted. He did actually want Sophia Loren in the nip but that meant it was back to 1 packet of yeast. The decision haunts him but it was the right one.

Diana Dors in the nip.

The lovely Diana with a few clothes on wink...

DPG6qsp.gif

The lovely Diana with a few clothes on wink...

Holy smoke, I never knew! I always thought she looked like she did when I was a kid, like from the Prince Charming video, which is more like Gemma Collins (boke) looks now.

Good evening All. Old bubes aside (shudder), I set to with batch no'3 today with what I had originally planned i.e. one can of Coopers Dark Ale, plus 1kg of light spraymalt and 500g extra dark spraymalt. Then I remembered I had 500g of light hoppy spraymalt all alone in the cupboard and dumped that in too. (sorry Drunkula, I couldn't find any scorpions). I really should stick to the instructions!
OG = 1054. Hopefully it's a nice beer in the end.

The time it's taken to brew this you could have bred a family of scorpions and they would be grandparents by now wink...

Hope it turns out OK, happy brewing

Ha cheers Banbeer! Bottled 29 x 740ml bottles yesterday, whilst listened to Katatonia and Green Carnation during and was nice and relaxed (following recent separate forum thread).
Fg = 1012. The sample tasted quite nice. Somewhat similar to Old Peculiar, so bodes well post conditioning and cold crashing!

Mangrove Jacks Belgian Saison is in the post presently and will get that ready for the summer months athumb..

Back