Brew Off 2021 -DIPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooo..some new beers to try 😬 DIPA's , Czech Pilsner & Stout. I have a selection of the latest Belgians for you to sample👍🏼

clapaGoodies. Looking forward to those.
Hopefully we could restart club meetings in just a few short months.

So what's the exact plan? How do you want me to go about judging and then sending you the scoresheets and my ranking? is there going to be a call?

So what's the exact plan? How do you want me to go about judging and then sending you the scoresheets and my ranking? is there going to be a call?
Think the plan is to do a zoom/google meet tasting at 730-800pm tonight..who is setting up the meet?
@beerison if you want to judge them how you normally would for a comp but just a general DIPA not style specific and rank them .Last time we came to a decision between us and ranked the BIPA brew off, so if your free tonight I think we would like your final verdict and ranking after we have decided on our personal order( see if you pick up anything we didn't)😋.
Once we have sorted out the meeting I will share it with you and you can come on board whenever is convenient for you.

Think the plan is to do a zoom/google meet tasting at 730-800pm tonight..who is setting up the meet?
@beerison if you want to judge them how you normally would for a comp but just a general DIPA not style specific and rank them .Last time we came to a decision between us and ranked the BIPA brew off, so if your free tonight I think we would like your final verdict and ranking after we have decided on our personal order( see if you pick up anything we didn't)😋.
Once we have sorted out the meeting I will share it with you and you can come on board whenever is convenient for you.
I am giving my apologise for mine. Issue is obvious, cause not so much.

Cool. Sounds good to me.
I will need about 1.5hr to do all of them including ranking. So I will try to start soon after the delivery to join the meeting later on

Now, the hardest part is to keep off beer before the delivery ;) Finishing my work in 15 mins and it was a shitty week. That will be a big test of my will power :D

Actually I might have just one DIPA from either Northern Monk or Heretic to calibrate my palate ;)

Now, the hardest part is to keep off beer before the delivery ;) Finishing my work in 15 mins and it was a shitty week. That will be a big test of my will power :D

Actually I might have just one DIPA from either Northern Monk or Heretic to calibrate my palate ;)
I'm gagging for a beer after brewing today but trying to hold out.... Will have to see how my 1st ever lager is coming on after a week lagering though. 🍻

Four pints of dipa in 1.5 hours. Either a liver like @dan125 or you will be worse for wear when we virtually met.
Hahaha Luckily that's not how it works, for judging you usually only need 50-100ml from a tasting glass. The rest will be for the meeting ;)

And I think you might need something of a higher quality than Northern Monk or Heretic to calibrate for whats in store later 😉

One down, 3 to go.
Apologies for a bad photo, beer looks much better than this

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_183248.jpg
    IMG_20210305_183248.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back