Brew off 2021 returns

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

dave_77

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my beers haven't arrived and been stuck in a depot all week. I am told delivery is tomorrow, hopefully we can get drunk tomorrow instead .
I'm free tomorrow if everyone is ok with it👍🏼

dave_77

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, think @Hoddy was changing the meeting invite. Suits me better actually. Got kids football tomorrow. Didn't fancy that with an hangover
Me too, on kids duties tomorrow as Mrs is working so gonna be up at 7am

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Reaction score
It’s alright either way with me. Other than I’ve realised I had planned on doing my weekly “long run” on Sunday so I will just have to tailor my distance to how bad the hangover is 😂

beerison

Reaction score
Ok, I'm done with my part :) Will be sending scoresheets to all indyvidually.
I judged them all to their indyvidual styles.
Great beers overall and I will be finishing them all with a pleasure. As always some small details make the difference.

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'm done with my part :) Will be sending scoresheets to all indyvidually.
I judged them all to their indyvidual styles.
Great beers overall and I will be finishing them all with a pleasure. As always some small details make the difference.
Thanks Lucas.
Happy with my score.

Totally agree with the comments. The recipe was built for my old system but decided to brew for the first time with the brew devil and the efficiency took a knock so I had to use cane sugar to raise the abv.

Attachments

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
Just cracked my bottle of Leon's Belgian and it is a worthy winner. Hops malt and yeast all easily discernable yet subtle and carefully balanced...well done mate :hat:
The trophy will be in the post this week with a bottle of my latest hazy 🍻
Thanks @beerison For judging 👍

20210924_223913.jpg

beerison

Reaction score
It was a pleasure. Really good beers again. I enjoyed and finished them all after judging (which doesn't happen often, there were a lot of drain pours over the last years judging).

Today I enjoyed @Leon103's Pilsner.
Awesome German Pilsner.
Interesting hop choice. I got a ton gooseberries both in the aroma and flavour and it worked well.
Nice grainy malt and dry bitter finish is spot on.
I'm not 100% sure, but there is some low level of fruity esters (red apple) both in the aroma and flavour.
IMG_20210925_160739.jpg

and @Hoddy's IPA (photo is way darker than reality)
Lovely NEIPA. Loads of mango, guava, pine needles, pineapple, strawberries both in the aroma and flavour.
Verdant-style apricot yoghurt thing is there as well. Big kudos for a solid bitterness.
Soft, smooth, tropical, bitter....beutiful stuff!
IMG_20210925_174325.jpg

Latest posts