Brew off 2021 returns

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Itā€™s alright either way with me. Other than Iā€™ve realised I had planned on doing my weekly ā€œlong runā€ on Sunday so I will just have to tailor my distance to how bad the hangover is šŸ˜‚

The brew off beers have been of a very high standard this time around. We will have to wait for @beerison judging result

Attachments

• 00703F1A-ADA8-4AF7-A45F-ED9C5ABEE736.jpeg
    00703F1A-ADA8-4AF7-A45F-ED9C5ABEE736.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 50
Ok, I'm done with my part :) Will be sending scoresheets to all indyvidually.
I judged them all to their indyvidual styles.
Great beers overall and I will be finishing them all with a pleasure. As always some small details make the difference.

Ok, I'm done with my part :) Will be sending scoresheets to all indyvidually.
I judged them all to their indyvidual styles.
Great beers overall and I will be finishing them all with a pleasure. As always some small details make the difference.
Thanks Lucas.
Happy with my score.

Totally agree with the comments. The recipe was built for my old system but decided to brew for the first time with the brew devil and the efficiency took a knock so I had to use cane sugar to raise the abv.

Attachments

• 20210924_205159.jpg
    20210924_205159.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 39
It was a pleasure. Really good beers again. I enjoyed and finished them all after judging (which doesn't happen often, there were a lot of drain pours over the last years judging).

Today I enjoyed @Leon103's Pilsner.
Awesome German Pilsner.
Interesting hop choice. I got a ton gooseberries both in the aroma and flavour and it worked well.
Nice grainy malt and dry bitter finish is spot on.
I'm not 100% sure, but there is some low level of fruity esters (red apple) both in the aroma and flavour.
IMG_20210925_160739.jpg

and @Hoddy's IPA (photo is way darker than reality)
Lovely NEIPA. Loads of mango, guava, pine needles, pineapple, strawberries both in the aroma and flavour.
Verdant-style apricot yoghurt thing is there as well. Big kudos for a solid bitterness.
Soft, smooth, tropical, bitter....beutiful stuff!
IMG_20210925_174325.jpg

Back