Brew Off- Black Friday 2021

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brew Off Black Friday is the final chapter of 2021 of what has turned out to be a quarterly brew off between @dan125 @Leon103 @Hoddy and myself.

This brew off we have decided that it could be any style of porter or stout, which by chance happened to fit nicely with it being Black Friday.

@beerison has been given the task of professionally judging the beers again to decide on the final winner.

Looking forward to catching up and tasting the beers online this Friday night.

I think the final thoughts from @beerison will be revealed next week once he has received and judged the beers.

Starting pale with @dan125 s Hazy...
IMG_20211126_175336.jpg

I just finished them all. Fantasic array of beer guys so big thanks for this feast! There's one that stounds out, it's technically fantastic, even though I have some personal gripes with certain flavours and balance. The winner for me is No 2., the smoked porter! :beer1:
The rest are really close (regardless of the scoresheets might say) so I would prefer not to rank them. Unless you really want me to, then I could reveal the full order.
I'll ask @dave_77 to unblind them and I will send you the scoresheets directly. Let me know if you have any questions or want to discuss anything
Cheers!

Thanks for doing the judging again @beerison

The smoked Porter was down to me. It’s been a beer I’ve been tweaking and working on for a number of years so to get 39 points is awesome. The smoked malt was cherry smoked malt and is defo something some people enjoy and some don’t. I like it 🤩 Glad you liked the beer and well done to the lads for such top quality beers in the Black Friday beer comp all of them were soooo good.

I wonder what the next one will be 🤔

I should have enough left on the keg to send out as my entry in the secret Santa swap so keep your eyes and noses open…….

Back