Brew pot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FridgeSpaceBrewing

Reaction score
Hi. I realise this question has probably been asked a fair few times.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to purchase a decent, cheap (if possible) and reliable brew kettle from. 15l+

Thanks in advance

I think you can get 15 in it...I seem to remember something about the sizing but....if it definitely 15 you need I wouldn't chance it incase.

I think you can get 15 in it...I seem to remember something about the sizing but....if it definitely 15 you need I wouldn't chance it incase.

Yeah, i want to start doing 10l AG brews. Dont think ill get away with a 12l, would I?

check out brew builder , they now offer custom pots!! you can have triclamps fitted where you want. Ive just ordered a 70 liter badboy with a selection of tcs. mine will be an element as opposed to hob.

Ideally I wouldn't wanna spend much more than 50. Ill be using it in my electric hob.
When I bought my pot I measured the diameter of the largest electric 'ring' on my kitchen ceramic hob and used that to determine the diameter of the base of the pot so that the pot base just fitted within it. Otherwise the pot base would have extended onto the unheated surface of the hob which I didn't want. That limited me to a tallish 11 litre max pot, although I can get a rolling boil going with that with some to spare. Had I had a gas hob or larger ring I would have gone for a larger pot.
That said I do 9 litre BIAB in my pot from which I can do 20 litre partial mash beers and anything AG up to about 11 litres by liquoring back.

The manual for the Tefal essentials hob says it can boil up to 2.5L. It is 2.1kW max. Does anyone own one who could test it.

Latest posts

Back