Brew Pump - Anyone got one of these?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMick

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm on the hunt for a pump and stumbled across the following magnetic drive pump (I hope its ok to post the ebay link..?!)

Pump - Ebay - £46

It is rated to 60 degrees, obviously not good for boil recurculation/cooling.. Does anyone have thoughts on upgrading the impeller?

Ta... Michael.

Other things to consider are, how easy will it be to take apart to clean it and how well does it prime (brewing is constant on, off, clean, empty, not like a fish pond pump which is on for extended periods).
The 521 which is rated for hot liquids only states 90 degrees max too so even that one isn’t rated for the boil.

Hello all,

I'm on the hunt for a pump and stumbled across the following magnetic drive pump (I hope its ok to post the ebay link..?!)

Pump - Ebay - £46

It is rated to 60 degrees, obviously not good for boil recurculation/cooling.. Does anyone have thoughts on upgrading the impeller?

Ta... Michael.
Go onto Aliexpress get a pump suiting your requirement, can get a decent pump for similar price with delivery included.

Awesome, thank you all for your help... What a great bunch you are on here :cool:

Latest posts

Back