Brew sheds

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to start converting my summer house (posh shed).

At the moment it's only got a fridge I use to cold crash and store kegs. Hopefully I'm going to improve this to do all the brewing etc.

Looking forward to this journey, and also so inspiration so I'd love to see what other people have done.

Has anyone been building during lockdown?
I always like to see everyone's efforts, even if it stirs up the green eyed monster!!! :)
Thankfully my garage is attached to the house where I do my my brewing and odd jobs and where the son has his xbox though planning on getting a new shed as I had a 10*8 ft before but shall not be brewing in it though may have a bar if I get the chance though I do have 2 taps on my kegerator which is also in the garage but we'll have to wait and see.

I've started brewing in the garage and I use the hose for mash water and for cooling. I run a second hose from the copper chiller to the grid.

What do people do for water sources?

At the moment I'm just doing kits, so I use the water in my house, and move it out to the shed/summerhouse, I could run a food grade hose fairly easily if I really wanted to.

I did seem to have a lot of time on my hands recently so I added some finishing touches to my shed, it's actually a bit different since I took the pics, but this is still the basic gist.
Bobs Brewhouse 1.jpg
Bobs Brewhouse 2 .jpg
Bobs Brewhouse 3 .jpg
Bobs Brewhouse 4 .jpg
Bobs Brewhouse 5 .jpg
Bobs Brewhouse 6 .jpg
Bobs Brewhouse 7 .jpg

What do people do for water sources?

If you are serious you do need to run mains underground. Needs to be 750mm deep to be below the frost line, and in my setup there is a tap inside the house and also in the brewery in case of emergencies (there is a short section of pipe, under the floor where it comes out of the ground, which is not insulated and could theoretically freeze).

Where the copper pipe comes out of the house you can insulate with ArmaFlex. It's ugly but effective!

Latest posts

Back