Brew UK Delivery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogermort

Regular.
Reaction score
Ordered a sack of MO on Tuesday, delivered today. Good service.

But that's not the reason for this post.

The delivery driver (a very cheerful darker skinned chap) brought it to the front door and said "Be careful, it's very heavy." I told him I knew and that it was grain for brewing beer. "Alcohol?" says he. "I'm Christian and I don't drink alcohol."
So I told him that I considered myself to be a non-practicing Christian but asked him what about The Last Supper or Jesus turning water in to wine? From what I remembered from Sunday School, Jesus was quite partial to a bit of Palestinian Merlot and the Catholic Church force feeds the stuff.
"Oh no," says my new friend. "Jesus turned water into grape juice and that's what they were drinking at The Last Supper."
I didn't ask him what his views were on cloudy beer! :)

Ordered a sack of MO on Tuesday, delivered today. Good service.

But that's not the reason for this post.

The delivery driver (a very cheerful darker skinned chap) brought it to the front door and said "Be careful, it's very heavy." I told him I knew and that it was grain for brewing beer. "Alcohol?" says he. "I'm Christian and I don't drink alcohol."
So I told him that I considered myself to be a non-practicing Christian but asked him what about The Last Supper or Jesus turning water in to wine? From what I remembered from Sunday School, Jesus was quite partial to a bit of Palestinian Merlot and the Catholic Church force feeds the stuff.
"Oh no," says my new friend. "Jesus turned water into grape juice and that's what they were drinking at The Last Supper."
I didn't ask him what his views were on cloudy beer! :)
These Jesus freaks really are a scream. Jesus' first attempt at homebrewing took place at a wedding feast where the host had run out of wine, not grape juice. He had obviously been lurking on our forum, picking up bits here and there, since he was complimented on the quality of his wine amid remarks that the best wine is normally served first, but you've kept the best till last.
Apart from all that, can you imagine what would happen to grape juice in Roman Palestine without refrigeration? You've guesssed it!

Last edited:
That's really odd as there is nothing whatsoever in the Christian faith requiring abstaining from alcohol whatsoever. :confused.:

Edit - apart from Lent, obvs.
Not even Lent. The Belgian monks brewed their strongest and thickest beers as a substitute for solid food. Liquid bread, they called it. Oh to be a monk!

My 14 year old grandson, currently schooling from home has been set a task by his teacher today

"Draw a picture of what you think God looks like" - seriously

If he is true to his beliefs he will leave a blank sheet of paper - he does not believe in God.

If he does this he believes he will be in trouble with the teacher

Should he draw an old man, with a long white beard?

This is "education"

Any ideas on what he should draw?

It's like reading Harry Potter and being asked to draw a picture of what Hogwarts looks like. Or "He whose name shall not be uttered" or whatever Volly the Lolly was called. It's an exercise in imagination, not faith.
I'd be looking for some images of a muscle-bound oaf with long, flaxen hair wielding a rather short-handled hammer. But then I'm a believer.

Consciousness
Interesting proposition by your grandson's teacher. While the second person of the trinity is co-eternal with the father and the holy spirit, in xian theology, the incarnation took place only 2050 years ago. The god made man Jesus didn't exist before that time so everyone lacked consciousness of self and surroundings. We need more teachers like this.

Back