Brew years resolutions?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt make any I dont think, but I have been reflecting on my first year in the brewing game and have committed to (and already started) getting my water sorted.

I want to get better at understanding the individual ingredients, creation of recipes etc and to that end have just started reading Ray Daniel's Designing Great Beers

I now own a beer gun which was procured to allow pressure fermenting and bottling to help improve my lagers. This will suffer as we get to better weather unfortunately, which lead into the Biggie

Getting my shambles of a garage sorted so as to allow a proper brew space which would then allow a brew fridge or 2. No progress made on this 😕

Well I got my first keg set up and then quickly ordered a second and a third, 4-way gas manifold, counterflow bottle filler, carbonation cap. I am now looking at a fourth and fifth keg so I have certainly covered this resolution. I should have gone to kegs ages ago...

Regarding my mash tun tap blocking - I've had one good lauter and one terrible one so far so I can't say I've resolved this issue yet. I am going to try using a grain bag for the next brew...

Well I got my first keg set up and then quickly ordered a second and a third, 4-way gas manifold, counterflow bottle filler, carbonation cap. I am now looking at a fourth and fifth keg so I have certainly covered this resolution. I should have gone to kegs ages ago...

Regarding my mash tun tap blocking - I've had one good lauter and one terrible one so far so I can't say I've resolved this issue yet. I am going to try using a grain bag for the next brew...

Your keg setup - expansion is as predictable as a line of tumbling dominoes! 😂

I am regretting the freezer size I chose for my keezer. I was thinking it could fit 4 kegs but it just about squeezes 2 full size 19L and a small 10L keg. I have an idea to squeeze 2X 3L coke bottles in the space I have left, and connecting them up using the kegland carbonation cap T pieces, essentially creating a 6L keg that I could fill with something like imperial stouts, barley wines or other high % offerings.
Then maybe when the weather is right I can leave a keg out in the garage with something like a British IPA or Mild.

So in short, my advice to anyone thinking "this will probably be enough kegs, won't it?"... it won't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back