Brew your own kits.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewferm are extract 1 tin kits. Usually making small amounts of ales etc... very high quality if you are patient & allow , especially the Belgian beers, to mature for a year.

I have been using Brewferm kits for about 3 years. They are all good. I have not tried the Kriek because at £24 for 12 litres I think it's expensive. They do need a longer time in the bottle. Most are drinkable after a month except Diablo which needs at least 2 to 3 months but at 8 months it is excellent. My advice to you is, if you truly love your beer invest in more bottles. Anything good is worth waiting for.

I have been using Brewferm kits for about 3 years. Most are drinkable after a month except Diablo which needs at least 2 to 3 months but at 8 months it is excellent.

I've not had much success with Diablo despite leaving it in the bottles for 9 months or more, always seems a bit harsh. But the other Brewferm kits are excellent, Ould Vlaams Bruin and Abdij especially. I have managed to accidentally leave a few in the bottles 2 years before drinking.

Are you talking about all grain kits rather than extract? If so, I've only done one, from the Homebrew Company, and all the crushed grains come in one bag. If you wanted to split the brew you'd have to tip it all into a bucket or something and thoroughly mix it all together before splitting the grains into smaller amounts.
I actually do 5 litre all grain kits, that I get from my local store, however, I was thinking of trying an extract kit,but splitting it to fit my 5 litre fermenter. Looks like I probably could do it and store the remaining extract in freezer, and purchase some extra yeasts.

Thanks for all the replies folks, looks like I probably could split and store a kit, I think I will try a brewferm kit and see how it goes. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back