Brew2Bottle Customer Service

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am saying is the creditors have to accept the blame for their losses, if they are willing to keep supplying goods when invoices aren't getting paid who's at fault?
There is good reason why we set credit limits and why we stick to them.
It could have been one unpaid invoice for each company.

Explains a lot, i ordered a couple of kits, they arrived on time as they always have in the past but I tried using the onscreen chat the message said someone would respond shortly, they didn’t. I emailed my question and no response.
they were so good in the past.

But B2B is under administration. It is the administrators who are responsible for sales and answering of emails. There have been a few posts on here that emails haven't been replied to. I have used B2B countless number of times without a problem and all emails been answered promptly.
So have i in the in the past. They are my go to supplier. Have you done any orders with them recently? If so have you had any correspondence from them.

I agree, could have been, but it wasn't. 43 creditors and so much money.

How do you know it wasn’t 1 or 2 individual invoices/orders per creditor? Just because there were 43 creditors doesn’t mean they all know and/or speak to each other about each other’s trade debts.

Given how well B2B were doing 18m/2yrs ago (they wouldn’t have managed an exclusive retail deal with KK if they weren’t doing well), it’s completely feasible that they built up a very good reputation amongst their creditors, had credit limits raised etc, only for it all to go **** up very quickly through no fault of their own or their suppliers.

Nobody on this thread (or any of the other threads) are trying to blame B2B for what has happened regarding the liquidation situation. The concern appears to be around 1) the allegations of a related company buying back the stock for a fraction of its worth to continue trading, and 2) not responding to customers with faulty goods.

Last edited:
How do you know it wasn’t 1 or 2 individual invoices/orders per creditor? Just because there were 43 creditors doesn’t mean they all know and/or speak to each other about each other’s trade debts.

Given how well B2B were doing 18m/2yrs ago (they wouldn’t have managed an exclusive retail deal with KK if they weren’t doing well), it’s completely feasible that they built up a very good reputation amongst their creditors, had credit limits raised etc, only for it all to go **** up very quickly through no fault of their own or their suppliers.

Nobody on this thread (or any of the other threads) are trying to blame B2B for what has happened regarding the liquidation situation. The concern appears to be around 1) the allegations of a related company buying back the stock for a fraction of its worth to continue trading, and 2) not responding to customers with faulty goods.
I don't know, as much as anyone can know it was 1 or 2 invoices. Just seems feasible that there will be creditors with multiple invoices with the amount of money owed. One only has to look at other insolvencies how many companies have continued supplying going on empty promises of the purchaser. Happens all the time, often seeing creditors getting in so deep they have to keep supplying. A single invoice from 43 creditors wouldn't be heard of. Look I don't care how other people run their businesses all I am stating that it is poor policy to not have in place good firm credit control.As an unsecured creditor one has to look after their own interests, no one else will.
As for Keg King and buying a container full of merchandise it would be the same as I would have to do getting a container out of China, provision of a letter of credit.
I am not defending B2B, I have been reading punters aren't getting any response, don't have all the facts about what has gone on no doubt it will come out.

So have i in the in the past. They are my go to supplier. Have you done any orders with them recently? If so have you had any correspondence from them.
Yes there was none better, I have had a lot of orders fulfilled and been happy with them. But no I haven't heard anything from them. I was hoping they would keep on going I was going to place an order for 8 Apollos (could be 10 if someone would make their mind up) But it looks like I will be ordering from Bevie.

Anyone taking over the assets to keep trading would be bending over backwards to keep the customers happy, and they certainly would have put some sort of notice out assuring customers of their intention to continue supply.
It’s effectively the same people running the new company as the liquidated one. There are a whole host of interconnected companies with the same individuals named as officers. The company owing all the money has been liquidated and they are now trading under another company which was set up in 2020 but has been dormant until now.

It’s effectively the same people running the new company as the liquidated one. There are a whole host of interconnected companies with the same individuals named as officers. The company owing all the money has been liquidated and they are now trading under another company which was set up in 2020 but has been dormant until now.
Are they selling furniture under the new company?

I've only needed to contact them the once. My order was showing that the couriers had decided to return it to them for some reason or another. I emailed, waited a few days but no reply so ended up ringing. The guy I spoke to had it sorted in minutes and I got my order the next day.

So it seems maybe they either don't prioritise or answer emails. A bit frustrating in this modern age and for introvert types like me who hate talking to people on the phone but at least it did get it sorted so maybe try calling?

I've only needed to contact them the once. My order was showing that the couriers had decided to return it to them for some reason or another. I emailed, waited a few days but no reply so ended up ringing. The guy I spoke to had it sorted in minutes and I got my order the next day.

So it seems maybe they either don't prioritise or answer emails. A bit frustrating in this modern age and for introvert types like me who hate talking to people on the phone but at least it did get it sorted so maybe try calling?
I tend to agree, I have had 1 issue and it took a few weeks to get a reply (holiday season). But once in their sight it was resolved very quickly.
I use them quite often as I pass them on they way to work so collection is handy.

Just seen this, who are Brew2bottle sister company

Attachments

• 645BF00D-F599-4230-AD2B-6C2390B05429.png
    645BF00D-F599-4230-AD2B-6C2390B05429.png
    374.6 KB · Views: 84
I think it is Shop at Home Retail Ltd. but it’s hard to be sure as there’s a number of registered companies linked to the same few people, particularly Vernon Yerkess. The registered company for B2B was Virtual Distribution Ltd, that’s the one which went into liquidation owing hundreds of thousands (and some of its directors owing the company over £200k from interest free loans with no repayment date) B2B now trades as Brew2Bottle ltd which was set up a few years ago but kept dormant until this all kicked off and is the new company running it. There’s also a company called Savy Group ltd intertwined.

They do have a good sense of humour to describe it as “some logistical issues”. It’s like calling the situation in Ukraine a minor diplomatic incident.

I noticed that when B2B sent me an email to say the St Peter's kits I wanted (asked for in Feb?) were back in stock. Their prices are still keen, so, despite the fiasco with the God-awful Gozdawa kits they sold me, I am tempted. :tinhat:

Edit: Just noticed that 'back in stock' means they have 1 or 2 kits of the beers I wanted. Sourced from where? I'll hold off a while and see how things pan out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back