brewbarrel Munich pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Wilko

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone brewed the brewbarrel Munich pale ale? Looking to start my second brew. Any thoughts

I won a Brewbarrel IPA kit on another forum and it was one of the worst homebrews I've ever tasted. I'm not sure why, but some really odd flavours.

I won a Brewbarrel IPA kit on another forum and it was one of the worst homebrews I've ever tasted. I'm not sure why, but some really odd flavours.
that was my experience with it too. It was superb for about 1 weekend then the odd flavours started to come through.

It's a shame, I had high hopes for it because the cascade extract that came with it smelt fantastic but it had a really artificial fruity flavour. Not pleasant.

I’ll give it a miss I think. Might try the St. Peter’s ipa. I have a ruby red ale conditioning in my keg at the minute. It’s my first brew and fingers crossed is going ok

How did the Alpine IPA turn out?

I currently have Octoberfest and Bavarian Lager on the go - so hoping they are good.

It's turned out really nice, slightly darker than a traditional IPA, the alcohol note was a little overpowering early on along with green apple but leaving for almost 2 months to condition in the bottle has produced something which is now really balanced and tasty.

RPQA0nd.jpg

It looks great. I had trouble sourcing a kit as these are in very short supply, most places are sold out until August I was I gorged by Brew Bitz after ordering a kit on EBay and having it cancelled.

Have you any recommendations for a Belgian style beer?

I also want to brew the Munich Pale Ale - have you tried that?

It looks great. I had trouble sourcing a kit as these are in very short supply, most places are sold out until August I was I gorged by Brew Bitz after ordering a kit on EBay and having it cancelled.

Have you any recommendations for a Belgian style beer?

I also want to brew the Munich Pale Ale - have you tried that?

I've not sorry, I've not tried the MPA either. Youngs American IPA is my newest "almost" ready to drink beer and it's looking very promising (had crafty taster a couple of days ago), that's a popular premium kit.

Back