BREWCON...2018

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHTSKY BREWING

Regular.
Reaction score
Are any of you going to Brewcon at the Oval London in November, Looks good.

cheers Matt.

Last edited:
Was looking at this, didn't go last year, but came across it again for this years, might have to go along and have a look even if a trip into London is on my least liked things to do list.

I went last year. Travelled down from Scotland with my brother who is also a home brewer. Overall, it was a great trip and a good event but they had some fairly major issues with sound quality on the guest presentations. As this was one aspect of the event I had been most interested in, I was pretty disappointed by this. The organiser has address that issue this year by having all the talks/presentation delivered in dedicated theatre. At first I thought that was a great improvement then I learned that dedicated theatre is out the door of the main venue, across the road, in a separate building. Not ideal in my opinion but could work. Will be interesting to see how they deal with people carrying their pints out the door and across the street as I'm imagining this might be a legal/licencing issue. Could be wrong though (I often am).

I believe the organiser, Simon, is going to be giving an update soon in terms of plans for this years event and some of the speakers that will be present which should be interesting. I'm considering going back again this year but will wait to see how the speaker line-up takes shape and what other improvements they intend to bring this year.

I went last year and will be going again this year (got my early bird ticket). There was definitely issues with the sound, but the presentations I went to were really interesting and while the audio spoiled it a bit, I still got enough information out of them. Glad to hear they're putting the speakers in a separate location to the main event. I'm happy to hold off drinking while the talks are on if that's what needs to be done.

I'll be interested to see what happens in the main area, I felt that the stands were a little limited in their numbers but it was the first event and I suppose such a thing needs time to grow, I'm sure prospective vendors will be waiting to see how popular an event this becomes before investing in it.

Latest posts

Back