Brewdog cybernaught recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin O

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help I am planning on brewing brewdogs cybernaught beer form there recipe. I don't understand the hop weight to use for the the 1st 4 hop editions it just has an I or II in the recipe.
Any ideas what it means?

Screenshot_20190624_204924_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg

Thanks

Oh yeah ta seems obvious now, per recipe it would also mean I add 1g of chinook at 10mins which seems a bit strange as well.

Says on website that beer is about 20 IBUs - for a ten minute addition in a 5 gallon batch that would be more like 30g at typical chinook alpha levels?

It looks like nearly all IBU are added in the later hop additions. There's 33g at 0..which I'd do at around 80...you'd get some bitterness from that I should think.

I'm guessing that the addition time is before the END of the boil - i.e. 1 g of chinook 10 mins before end, the others at "flameout". That seems to match the other similar recipes, and the attributes.

Will put into brewfather when I get chance see what those additions give me ibu wise. Really liked this beer but they stopped selling it near me.

Latest posts

Back