Brewdog flouted US laws over beer imports

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds delicious.
Here in the US we do chlorinate the water, sometimes too heavily.

Everywhere in the world chlorinates water. But the US use of chlorination for chicken meat as a cheap way of trying to compensate for their lax approach to food poisoning bugs, has become a totem here of the threat to UK food safety of a post-Brexit trade deal with the US.

Anyway, going back on topic, Watt has been threatening whistleblowers who talked to the BBC for the show next week. Classy - but typical.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-trying-to-intimidate-ex-staff-over-tv-expose

Another "rave review" for BrewDog.
We don't buy any regular product, only certified organic, free-range stuff but we're in the minority.
I have a relative who just goes for the cheapest everything with meat. I told the person that's a mistake and got looked at like I was an alien from outer space.

Another "rave review" for BrewDog.
We don't buy any regular product, only certified organic, free-range stuff but we're in the minority.
I have a relative who just goes for the cheapest everything with meat. I told the person that's a mistake and got looked at like I was an alien from outer space.
Some people will always buy the cheapest either out of choice or their financial limits.
I don't understand though how someone will buy the cheapest say in food or bitch about the cost then have to have a £1000 mobile phone that they are paying for with money that would be better spent elsewhere. Their choice but it's a bit backward!
I recall a woman at the school gates...Burberry,Lacoste,Ugg, latest iPhone...bragging up four nights in row going out on the lash with her mates then asking could her son have the school trip free as she was "short of money "! I pity the child.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59957485
"We would make a point to warn new girls - like, 'Hey, just so you know, James Watt's coming to town.
"Just, kind of, leave after your shift, don't really hang around [and] don't always do your hair and makeup that day, like don't catch his attention.'"

...Mr Watt's behaviour around women was a talking point among staff at Brewdog USA.

Perhaps it's no coincidence that Cloudwater have today pulled out of their deal with BrewDog to contract brew "Cloudwater" beers for Tesco :
https://cloudwaterbrew.co/blog/2022/1/24/our-beers-in-tesco-an-update

I'm done with Brewdog. It's not contravention of US Federal Law that worries me, but the appalling stories coming from current and ex-staff regarding the culture at the company and the way staff are treated. They make some nice beers, but if you treat your staff like dirt then I don't want any part of it. Plenty of better beers around anyway - and probably cheaper too.

I can't recall ever drinking one of their brews but I did download their collection of something like 250 recipes for their beers.
One look through put me off completely. They seem to revel in using every possible speciality malt and dozens of hop additions of loads of different types for every brew.

Instead of "Never meet your heroes" you can say "Never meet your brewery owner."
Never tried BrewDog though I love the name-visceral type of thing.
Better to have a chicken flautas than to flauta someone's regulations.

Can't wait for Rev. Paul Jones of St. Cloudwater's surmon on this, will be interesting to see how he spins it.

Watched this doc last night. James Watt comes across like a right cnut. I was done with their beers quite some time ago. The garbage they now produce, en mass, is quite staggering. And they just keep churning it out and supermarkets keep stocking it. They have become what they once made a mockery of - a macro brewery that produces bog standard beer. For shame!

1643131054577.png

I can't recall ever drinking one of their brews but I did download their collection of something like 250 recipes for their beers.
One look through put me off completely. They seem to revel in using every possible speciality malt and dozens of hop additions of loads of different types for every brew.

I have had their Punk IPA, it's ok, not great. Their Dead Pony Club is horrible (low/no alcohol IPA). Their beers are really are nothing to write home about.

I'm done with Brewdog. It's not contravention of US Federal Law that worries me, but the appalling stories coming from current and ex-staff regarding the culture at the company and the way staff are treated. They make some nice beers, but if you treat your staff like dirt then I don't want any part of it. Plenty of better beers around anyway - and probably cheaper too.

I said earlier i haven't had any of their beers in a long time this will mean that doesn't change in the future.

I couldn't watch the video past the waaaaatttttsssaaauuuuppp part.

Last edited:
I never seem to understands the desire to separate businesses into 'good capitalists' and 'bad capitalists'.

They do what they do, if they think they can get away from it.

I mean, you could vow to never buy another Volkswagen cos VW lied about diesel emissions. Well, fine, but do you really think the other car manufacturers are any more moral?

Latest posts

Back