Brewdog flouted US laws over beer imports

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, fine, but do you really think the other car manufacturers are any more moral?
There are dozens of companies that I'm familiar with that do try to do right and are more ethical. Are they perfect? No but they are better than a lot of their competitors. Anyway, I never ask for perfection in a family member, friend, clerk, company. I only ask that they try to do the right thing.

Watched the documentary this evening and a couple of things jumped out.

I got the distinct impression that somewhere along the Brewdog journey their heads got turned by power and money and lost sight of why they got into making beer in the first place. That or it was all a facade from day one.

Also looks like Martin Dickie seems to have taken a bit of a seat whilst James Watt head off on his power trip. Watt himself seems to be a real nasty piece of work.

Last edited:
There is a very interesting 6 part podcast on BBC sounds called good ship brewdog which goes in to depth about the company and it's issues, for me it seems they started with good intentions but they are seeling out to the big corps and will eventually float on the stock exchange, not really punk is it?

There is a very interesting 6 part podcast on BBC sounds called good ship brewdog which goes in to depth about the company and it's issues, for me it seems they started with good intentions but they are seeling out to the big corps and will eventually float on the stock exchange, not really punk is it?

Thanks for that. I'm always on the lookout for new podcasts so will give this a listen.

I stayed at the Brewdog Hotel in Manchester (Doghouse) a couple of weeks ago. It wouldn't have been my choice but it was a mate's birthday and that's what his wife and daughter had bought him. It was grossly overpriced. Around £200 for a one night stay - no breakfast. That should have included 5 litres of Punk IPA on tap in the room, but it was so flat and insipid that we complained and refused to drink it. They gave us a few pints as compensation while giving the impression that the beer tap in the room doesn't really work - in which case why offer it? The room itself was quite nice - good shower, record player with some vinyl (all Manchester bands which I thought was a nice touch), but the overall impression was of paying quite a lot for not very much.

I wouldn't criticise the staff though - they were all very good.

The people with “shares” are screwed. 22% of Brodog plc belongs to real investors who get paid a guaranteed return in the event of the company going public. It will have to sell for a fantastically inflated price for there to be anything left over for the “Equity Punks”.

I’m a shareholder and if they are sold I expect to make a small fortune which I will spend on drink and women and waste the rest. 🤣

The people with “shares” are screwed. 22% of Brodog plc belongs to real investors who get paid a guaranteed return in the event of the company going public. It will have to sell for a fantastically inflated price for there to be anything left over for the “Equity Punks”.
I always said I'd never do shares as an investment as I'm absolutely terrible at that sort of thing. Then I bought those Brewdog shares last year. Oh well, I get a 330ml can on my birthday 🤣

Back