BrewDog recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon

Reaction score
I was looking at the BrewDog recipes earlier. I'm not a great BD fan - I find them too hoppy for my taste - but, I quite liked the look of their Zeitgeist brew. Anyone tried making it? Or any BrewDog recipes?

I have brewed Dead Pony Club from the DIYdog, and also one of their imperial black IPAs, both came out great, the pony club especially which was very representative.

I often use the grain bills from some of their recipes and play around with the hops too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you email them they will give you the recipe you want.

No need to email, you can download a PDF with all the recipes from their website. Its 280 odd pages and a very good resource for recipes or just for inspiration.

No need to email, you can download a PDF with all the recipes from their website. Its 280 odd pages and a very good resource for recipes or just for inspiration.

Yeah I was looking on a facebook forum - 'Home Brew Beer - UK and Ireland' a chap on there - Alastair - put them up.
I'm thinking about the autumn....maybe..

I was going to suggest the recipe I did first out of "DIYDog" - Hunter Foundation Pale Ale, #88 - because it didn't have too high bitterness and didn't involve all that dry hopping business. It was very pleasant. But I find it's true for "Zeitgeist" too, in fact it is even less bitter. Go for it.

I was looking at the BrewDog recipes earlier. I'm not a great BD fan - I find them too hoppy for my taste - but, I quite liked the look of their Zeitgeist brew. Anyone tried making it? Or any BrewDog recipes?

A member made an app a while ago he hasnt posted in a while so if anyone tries it can you leave a review, thanks - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brudawg.diydawg

tttttttt.jpg

Last edited:
Don't trust those DIY Dog recipes without putting them through a brewing calculator - some of them are wildly inaccurate in terms of hop and grain bills.

On recommendation of this thread I ventured into the world of Brewdog. Only just emerged a few hours later (need a beer after that). Loads of reading in their DIY recipes and the 'Hop Propaganda' PDFs. Some whacky recipes there but good inspiration.

I did zeitgeist for my very first grainfather run, came out really well for a first attempt I was very happy with it. Finished the last of them about a month ago and I would say it would be best drunk young as it lost some of its complexity later on.

The last beer a brewed was the punk ipa older version, so no dry hopping was a nice brew

Back