Brewdog to start making hand sanitiser

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewista

Reaction score
Brewdog to start making hand sanitiser at their distillery in Scotland clapa
brewdog.JPG

Not the first distiller to be doing this.

A friend of mine who practices 'the dark art' that must not be mentioned has been supplying friends and family for a couple of weeks now. He bought a big container of aloe vera and mixes it 30/70 with 80% alcohol.

It's pretty good actually...….taste could be improved a little and best not to smoke for a little while after applying!

None in the bleedin shops though...my works has hand sanitizer stations throughout,has done for years,as we're in "clean rooms"...wonder if their supply will dry up?

This is nothing more than a cynical marketing stunt - from the masters at it!

This is nothing more than a cynical marketing stunt - from the masters at it!
I know there's not a lot of love for Brewdog on the forum at the moment and that their marketing dept. will be sure to let everyone know what they are doing but their endeavour is clearly more than just "a cynical marketing stunt". However much/little sanitiser they make and distribute/sell it will make some positive difference. Can't really see the worth in just criticizing them for the sake of it.

As a shareholder I got a mail. They have lost 70% of their sales and have to try and survive. They have two objectives they have stated
1. Survival
2. Maintaining their 2000 employees' jobs.
Sound OK to me .

According to @BrewDogJames on Twitter, it isn't being sold, it is being given away to those who need it. Sounds like a good thing to do to me.

None in the bleedin shops though...my works has hand sanitizer stations throughout,has done for years,as we're in "clean rooms"...wonder if their supply will dry up?

Coronavirus: Gin distilleries switch to make hand sanitiser https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51927519

Gin distilleries have announced plans to switch to producing hand sanitiser during the coronavirus pandemic.

The boss of one distillery in Lincoln said "desperate times call for desperate measures" and it would donate hand sanitiser to vulnerable people.

Bristol's Psychopomp Micro-distillery is supplying the public with 100ml of the product at a time for a donation.

58 Gin, in London, will launch hand atomisers in about three weeks' time after making a batch for a charity.

The firm in Hoxton, east London, said a share of its profits would go to the drinks industry's charity as members were "on its knees" right now.

Latest posts

Back