Brewdog White Space Belgian Wheat clone

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Wowbagga

Reaction score
HI folks,
My lovely wife got a taste of the original of this and demanded I make some for her. What can you do?!

I've looked at DIY-Dog (sadly not being updated it seems) and scoured the interwebs, but no luck.
I have made an attempt using some other recipes and memory of taste. I'd appreciate any good advice on the recipe.
I am concerned about a 50% wheat addition.
1643280616515.png

1643280665919.png

thanks!

Reaction score
50% wheat is about right for a witbier - I also like a small addition of flaked oats (c5%).

I assume you have a G40 from the recipe - as you have the capability it might be wise to consider a beta-glucan rest at 40-45°c before your protein rest. Otherwise a good amount of rice hulls or oat husks should help to ensure you don't get a stuck mash.

Last edited:

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Witbier is one of my favourite styles to brew. I’ve never had trouble with the wheat, but you could add rice hulls if you are worried about a stuck mash/sparge. I agree with @YeastFace about adding some oats in, even just a couple of hundred grams makes a difference to mouthfeel IMO.

I wouldn’t normally put any late additions in, but if this is a Brewdog take in a witbier then it might well have them in.

I’ve used a couple of different yeasts for my wits and I like the Mangrove Jacks one best.

Latest posts