Brewdog White Space Belgian Wheat clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wowbagga

Reaction score
HI folks,
My lovely wife got a taste of the original of this and demanded I make some for her. What can you do?!

I've looked at DIY-Dog (sadly not being updated it seems) and scoured the interwebs, but no luck.
I have made an attempt using some other recipes and memory of taste. I'd appreciate any good advice on the recipe.
I am concerned about a 50% wheat addition.
1643280616515.png

1643280665919.png

thanks!

50% wheat is about right for a witbier - I also like a small addition of flaked oats (c5%).

I assume you have a G40 from the recipe - as you have the capability it might be wise to consider a beta-glucan rest at 40-45°c before your protein rest. Otherwise a good amount of rice hulls or oat husks should help to ensure you don't get a stuck mash.

Last edited:
Witbier is one of my favourite styles to brew. I’ve never had trouble with the wheat, but you could add rice hulls if you are worried about a stuck mash/sparge. I agree with @YeastFace about adding some oats in, even just a couple of hundred grams makes a difference to mouthfeel IMO.

I wouldn’t normally put any late additions in, but if this is a Brewdog take in a witbier then it might well have them in.

I’ve used a couple of different yeasts for my wits and I like the Mangrove Jacks one best.

Back