Brewdog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried an imperial stout Paradox Islay ! Wow, turned out around 10%abv. Was one of the best beers I’ve brewed, I added a Glenfarclas whisky and oak chunks for a week to flavour. it worked out a lot cheaper than brewdogs version which is around £10 a bottle
Need to try that one then! I've a lot of space in the shed that needs filling. It was one of the first brew dog beers I ever had (on hand pump no less too)

I was thinking of buying a few shares myself, brewdog and innis gunn. But then decided when does a craft brewer stop becoming a craft brewer !
Innis gunn values itself at £150,000,000 sounds more big brewery to me. Not sure what brewdogs worth and how many beers are produced every year :?:

I had a bash at making their single hop series citra IPA. I figured it would be cheaper than making zombie dust, which is delicious, because it uses way less hops. It was ok but I won't be making it again. Take from that what you will.

For me, their core range is very basic and bland. Punk is the only one I would buy but it isn't exactly mind bendingly hoppy. It is just basically more flavourful than bud, Coors, cobra etc. They have some lovely beers that are hard to get and I tried a couple of very nice beers in their Malmö pub but, for me, they have dropped in standard.

Their marketing is aggressive and totally cheesy, I actually unsubscribed to the emails not long after getting the shares as I couldn’t take the bull any more but the one thing that I can’t take from them is that Punk is a bloody nice pint, it’s a different league from Bud,Coors etc imo and I’m sure if most of us on here could brew it we would be very happy but it’s all about opinions I guess, it’s one of the beers that’s probably turned more people onto beers that actually taste of something than any other beer.

Pound to a pinch of ***** they have a centrifuge, almost all breweries have even the smaller craft breweries. Hop creep is a problem only owing to the alcohol listed and the actual alcohol content.
I think it is interesting also that a 4 pack 3 are good and one ****, providing it was a four pack, all four would have been the same batch.
I haven't heard any complaints from down under and if there was a problem the distance traveled would surely have escalated.

Pound to a pinch of ***** they have a centrifuge, almost all breweries have even the smaller craft breweries. Hop creep is a problem only owing to the alcohol listed and the actual alcohol content.
I think it is interesting also that a 4 pack 3 are good and one ****, providing it was a four pack, all four would have been the same batch.
I haven't heard any complaints from down under and if there was a problem the distance traveled would surely have escalated.
It wasn’t a four pack mate, just loose bottles but it’s strange 1 or 2 bottles from different shops being off, I’m going to email them today and ask the question though.

A0A0F239-1160-4CC8-9AF0-43172A870211.png

It wasn’t a four pack mate, just loose bottles but it’s strange 1 or 2 bottles from different shops being off, I’m going to email them today and ask the question though.

If it's loose bottles then it's possible the retailer has a mix of an old batch and new on the shelf, and you've ended up with one bottle thats been hanging around on the shelf.

That's much better than the response (or should I say lack of response) I got from Hillstown Brewery when I told them I had just bought one of their beers and it tasted infected. Unless, of course, they decided to suddenly make their stout a brett stout. They won't be seeing my money again.

That's much better than the response (or should I say lack of response) I got from Hillstown Brewery when I told them I had just bought one of their beers and it tasted infected. Unless, of course, they decided to suddenly make their stout a brett stout. They won't be seeing my money again.
Is that one the brewery connected to GEB?

I think punk is old hat now & has had its day. They still do some great beers, however the craft market has matured since the likes of punk & jaipur & there are now better alternatives out in the market place for similar money ish... Craft beer has still not become mainstream in the UK which is a surprise but the market is bigger & more discerning since the advent of hop head IPAs etc... we have seen many fads/styles of craft beer in a relatively short time but punk was the beer that broke through in the UK & pushed the craft scene. The bigger a company gets no matter what sector it’s in then bottom line is what it’s all about & that will result in ‘product development’ to maximise returns. I only drink punk if there is nothing else available now & if I’m out and about and there is nothing but mainstream ***** then I’d rather drink water than spend my hard earned cash on rubbish.

I think punk is old hat now & has had its day. They still do some great beers, however the craft market has matured since the likes of punk & jaipur & there are now better alternatives out in the market place for similar money ish... Craft beer has still not become mainstream in the UK which is a surprise but the market is bigger & more discerning since the advent of hop head IPAs etc... we have seen many fads/styles of craft beer in a relatively short time but punk was the beer that broke through in the UK & pushed the craft scene. The bigger a company gets no matter what sector it’s in then bottom line is what it’s all about & that will result in ‘product development’ to maximise returns. I only drink punk if there is nothing else available now & if I’m out and about and there is nothing but mainstream ***** then I’d rather drink water than spend my hard earned cash on rubbish.

Nail on head for me. It's great that in most places, there is at least one "craft" offering these days.

What beers do you think are better for the cost available? (660ml for £2.50) not many I would say

Back