Brewdog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went on the tour of the Ellon site last night.
WP_20200127_19_25_00_Pro.jpg WP_20200127_18_55_34_Pro.jpg WP_20200127_19_27_21_Pro.jpg WP_20200127_19_30_18_Pro.jpg WP_20200127_19_17_51_Pro.jpg
Most of the equipment is German made and all brewed in stainless.
The pic with the red hose is a washable plate filter from the kettle in which they use a whirlpool to separate most of the solids, then drain from the edge. No other filtration methods visible.
Pic above that is washing & filling kegs. They use steam to clean/sterilise. The guy did mention that line pasturises the beer prior to filling.
Last pic is their recent still for Gin & Rum. They brew wheat beer specifically for the gin and the whole process is in-house. Tallest fractionating column was too tall for the building - so they cut a hole in the roof and 15ft of it sticks out the top in a little tower!
Staff have a beer allowance as part of the perks, and they have one artist that does that artwork in all their venues and brewery.
Tap room has about 25 beers on draught and free samples, plus the tour started and ended with free cans with samples including the Gin while on the tour.
Cold room had 27 pallets of Hops - hard to imagine that quantity! Aroma was fantastic.
Well worth a visit if you are up this end of the country. athumb..

Last edited:
Sorry, I misread- got the recipe from the Brewdog book, if that's any good for you??

Sorry, I misread- got the recipe from the Brewdog book, if that's any good for you??
Yes please, not sure how accurate it is, maybe someone on here has brewed this version.
I had this book also, until me and swmbo had a stormer of a barney and I threw it out along with 2 FV’s
As if the argument wasn’t bad enough

Yes please, not sure how accurate it is, maybe someone on here has brewed this version.
I had this book also, until me and swmbo had a storm
IMG_20200130_220813.jpg
er of a barney and I threw it out along with 2 FV’s
As if the argument wasn’t bad enough

Haven't brewed it, wanted to start with the Dead Pony Club, I can post that recipe too.... Sainsbury's have the book on clearance for 50p, or something, if you want to restock...!!!

Haven't brewed it, wanted to start with the Dead Pony Club, I can post that recipe too.... Sainsbury's have the book on clearance for 50p, or something, if you want to restock...!!!
I would love to, like I said, I wasted £35 (my own fault) but we both love this beer and I would love to make a decent clone at a fraction of the cost
She might even like me again :confused.:wink...

It’s this kit but I don’t know anyone that’s brewed it

Attachments

• F68C566D-9449-412C-8123-6DB3786D77E5.png
    F68C566D-9449-412C-8123-6DB3786D77E5.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 258
  • D96B3002-79CD-40CF-91A8-CAFC33AE39F1.png
    D96B3002-79CD-40CF-91A8-CAFC33AE39F1.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 261

Not in my local sainsbos, i've been look :(

If anyone is brewing AG and fancys doing a Punk, I can recommend the Malt Miller's Son of Punkie. When I did this no-one could reliably tell the difference between mine and the real thing. Only £35 too and you get enough to make 2 x 19L brews.

If anyone is brewing AG and fancys doing a Punk, I can recommend the Malt Miller's Son of Punkie. When I did this no-one could reliably tell the difference between mine and the real thing. Only £35 too and you get enough to make 2 x 19L brews.
Do you have the recipe sheet?

Back