Brewery floor

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCBC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning, brewing brothers and sisters,

I know this isn't technically an equipment question, but I couldn't find a more suitable board to post it on. I was hoping that someone with a little more DIY expertise than me might be able to help out, please!

I've had a garden unit installed for use as a home brewery.As we all know, there is potential for major spillages and frequent drips and splashes.

It has aquastep laminate which I understand will withstand standing water without warping or absorption. I also have a central floor drain which I could direct liquid towards in an emergency.

The main outstanding issue is that the skirting appears just to be wooden, and there is a hairline gap between the skirting and the floor. If a major spillage happened it could easily get behind the skirting and maybe start soaking into the wall.

I know that I can't properly waterproof the entire floor like one of those hospital floors where the floor joins to the top of the skirting, but I wonder if it's possible to get peace of mind by sealing around where the base of the skirting joins the floor.

Would a thick layer of sealant alone do the job, or should I be looking at a combination of this and maybe some sit-on skirting, something like this:

https://www.safetyflooring.uk.com/d...MI4-Tc896s4QIV6p3tCh2gqQVcEAQYAyABEgJQCPD_BwE

Or is there something else I should be considering?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back