Brewery near you?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McMullen, Red Squirrel (though that moved about 30 miles away a few years ago) and Buntingford are my closest 3.

Nice map though, will bookmark that for trips away where I 'accidentally' get lost and drive us to brewery

JimmyB78 said:
will bookmark that for trips away where I 'accidentally' get lost and drive us to brewery

:thumb:

I note it hasn't been updated with Brew Dogs move to Ellon (even though the original one in Fraserburgh still exists). One in Stonehaven now too, which I'm excited about but not yet marked.

plenty within about 5miles of me, and a few not on there that I know of. But not a bad little map to give you a few ideas

JimmyB78 said:
McMullen, Red Squirrel (though that moved about 30 miles away a few years ago) and Buntingford are my closest 3.

Nice map though, will bookmark that for trips away where I 'accidentally' get lost and drive us to brewery
I used to live in Buntingford, I never knew there was a brewery there.

I heard a rumour that McMullen were moving to a new site too. I used to like a pint of AK when I was younger. Thank God they stopped making their lager, that was really foul stuff

I used to live in Buntingford, I never knew there was a brewery there.

I heard a rumour that McMullen were moving to a new site too. I used to like a pint of AK when I was younger. Thank God they stopped making their lager, that was really foul stuff

Luckily I'm too young to have drunk their lager but know it was meant to be beyond awful! They sold half the brewery site to Sainsburys a couple of years ago but not heard of any plans for them to move on.

Buntingford have been going a while I think, they make some pretty good beers.

my closest is the blue bell but have not been there in a few years :( .

might have to get few a carry outs as they have got some new ales

I luckily have three very close and quite good microbreweries. Also not far from big boys like TT's and Copper Dragon
Slightly Foxed
Owenshaw Mill
Little Valley Brewery

CoxyBoy123 said:
I luckily have three very close and quite good microbreweries. Also not far from big boys like TT's and Copper Dragon
Slightly Foxed
Owenshaw Mill
Little Valley Brewery

Where are you then? Little Valley's not so far from me
Though, I have to say, they do a couple I don't actually like!

oldbloke said:
CoxyBoy123 said:
Slightly Foxed
Owenshaw Mill
Little Valley Brewery

Where are you then? Little Valley's not so far from me
Though, I have to say, they do a couple I don't actually like!

I am in Sowerby bridge :)

Aye, but some amazing stuff too (I buy my grains from him)

Think this is a few years old. There are 2 micros near me that have opened in the last few years not on the map.

Thwaites,although just moved a bit out of town to Mellor.

We've got a few near us, no big boys but several microbreweries.

Mantle Brewery Cardigan (8 miles)
A new one: Electro, Cardigan.
Bluestone brewery, nr Newport (7 miles)
Gwaun Valley brewery (12 miles)
Caffle Brewery, Llawhaden (13 miles)

Further away there's Tenby Brewing Co and Tenby Harbour.
All the above are pretty good though I don't know about Electro yet.

We've also had some disasters:
4/4 brewery - made decent beer but no consistency between batches.
Pembrokeshire brewing co., Saundersfoot - obviously had no idea how to make beer at all; absolute filth in a bottle.
Seren brewery, Rosebush. Small scale brewery - sour beer, inconsistant ABVs.
All these have gone.

Had a couple of beers at Rivington brewery last January/Feb I think it was,and a not so bad pizza.Freezing though as no heating.
Had a mini tap bar crawl that day 🍺😁

Latest posts

Back