Brewery Tours

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every year, myself and a few friends have a weekend away, do a brewery tour and have generally good night out.

Last year we did the Wild Horse Brewery in Llandudno.

Any suggestions for good brewery tours?

They live in Liverpool and I live in Essex.

Lancaster brewery is decent. Small scale, so a quickish tour followed by several samples, all explained and guided, then a pie and peas feed. Some good pubs in Lancaster for later too.

Always deals on Groupon too.

Not that it's much help to you, but me and the old man have a gift voucher for the Adnams brewery in Suffolk to do sometime soon. We're also planning to visit the Fullers in Chiswick.

Never been before, quite looking forward to going. I assume there are some samples?!

Hook Norton is a excellent tour and try to get to Two Towers in Birmingham, where they are really not shy about the "samples", its also available through "Group On". I think we paid £4.00 each and because my wife was driving I was forced to drink a lot of "samples". Well worth a visit.

Every year, myself and a few friends have a weekend away, do a brewery tour and have generally good night out.
Last year we did the Wild Horse Brewery in Llandudno.
Any suggestions for good brewery tours?

They live in Liverpool and I live in Essex.
National Brewery Centre at Burton, which is about half way?
Try the Coopers Tavern in Cross Street, and the Burton Bridge brewery and pub next to the old Trent Bridge.
Plenty of Marstons pubs in the town where you should get a decent pint of Pedigree.

My birthday is coming up soon, this has got me thinking for a day out :)

I think the only brewery tour I've done was the Cantillon Brewery in Brussels which was fascinating and highly recommended if you're ever there. Nice sample at the end too: http://www.cantillon.be/br/3_1

Some friends of my sister-in-law own this brewery: http://www.cotswoldbrewing.com/

Not so much a tour but we went to a party there many years ago so got to see all of it. I can now truly also say I've been to a **** up in a brewery :) Unfortunately I don't think they're open to the public.

Done a fair few distillery tours in Scotland too.

I did the Adnams tour a few years back, it was pretty good and Southwold is a lovely place to stay for a weekend. The arcade on the pier is something special full of one off man made machines (http://www.underthepier.com/).

When I went they were busy expanding the distillery so I'd imagine there's a whole load more to enjoy there now.

Ive only done a couple but I can recommend the Adnams one, nice sea side break too! Plenty of beer to try plus all the wines and spirits. Woodefords was also really enjoyable.

Maybe just to far away for you Liverpool friends though

Palmers at Bridport Dorset do a good tour (if you get the right guide). Only between April and October, but its an interesting old brewery with a thatched roof, and a lot of the original equipment that they don't use is still on display. Its one of the older breweries in the country.

Palmers at Bridport Dorset do a good tour (if you get the right guide). Only between April and October, but its an interesting old brewery with a thatched roof, and a lot of the original equipment that they don't use is still on display. Its one of the older breweries in the country.

I'm staying just down the road from this brewery in April :thumb: A Tour is definitely on the cards.

I'm staying just down the road from this brewery in April :thumb: A Tour is definitely on the cards.

they take you everywhere, grain store, mash room fermenters..even get to touch the yeast. I did it before I started AG...if doing again I'd try to remember the specific grains and hops they use.

they take you everywhere, grain store, mash room fermenters..even get to touch the yeast. I did it before I started AG...if doing again I'd try to remember the specific grains and hops they use.

I've not done a brewery tour since starting AG either, so I'm looking forward to taking in a bit more info also.

There is the Batemans Brewery on the east coast, I never been but its meant to be good, might be a tad far though

Ive only done a couple but I can recommend the Adnams one, nice sea side break too! Plenty of beer to try plus all the wines and spirits. Woodefords was also really enjoyable.

Maybe just to far away for you Liverpool friends though

I must try the Woodfordes one, I say that every time I drive through Wroxham, it's only about 30 mins from me.

Are you a local City fan?

Back