Brewfather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else using it?

I wont be renewing my beer smith subs as this has a much more modern feel to it.

I've played about with it and was very impressed. Only reason I'm still using Beersmith is because I am used to it. The Beersmith Mobile app is fine, but there are too many errors and UI quirks for a paid-for app.

Yes the mobile app on my iPad is very good but the desktop is very clunky by today’s standards.

I spent all last night migrating my inventory and some recipes across. I live how you can assign pictures you your brews and segregate them into different categories.

The recipie database is no where near BS’s but it’s only been live a few days so I guess it will grow. It only takes s few seconds to export and import one in .beerxml anyhow.

I signed up to premium yesterday. Such a good piece of software under constant development. If you're not already, I'd recommend joining the Brewfather group on Facebook.

Don’t do Facebook.

I used it in anger for the first time on Tuesday. It was much nicer to use than Beer Smith and the inventory worked a treat.

Figure I may as well add to an old thread as create a new one.

Does anyone successfully use this app? I'll only use the free version but it looks great for keeping track of my stocks (better than the notepad I've scrawled it all in).

The issue I've found, however, is that the EBC values seem to be way out - for example, on Get Er Brewed, the Crisp Dark Crystal I bought was 380-435 EBC according to the site, but when I input it into BrewFather, it logs it as 148 EBC.

At first I thought this was down to the brand, but I've since selected the correct brand, and it's still way out. I'd imagine that GEB would be more likely to be accurate than BF, but the values are accurate for maris otter pale, for example.

Furthermore, does this really affect what I add as my recipe? It doesn't seem to affect the potential SG or the yield %.

Thoughts, anyone?

I moved from Brewers Friend to Brewfather - much happier. I noticed problem with EBC but you can always update it in your inventory - I guess this can differ between grain batches.

Been brewing on this for at least 6 months and it is very accurate on OG - very often I'm spot on. And it has a profile for Robobrew :)

I moved from Beersmith to Brewfather some time ago, and have never looked back. The developer is super on the ball too, so if you notice anything wrong, or want anything added, he responds very quickly and updates.

He runs the user group on Facebook. Well worth joining.

Yep, I joined Brewers Friend and then Brewfather when I recently started Brewing and now decided on Brewfather, there are a couple of areas I am unsure of how to use but generally find it great to use, normally on Desktop for planning, not really got round to running Batches whilst brewing yet.
Which is the best facebook group do you think?

Started with free but moved to premium. I think it is well worth it $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year (I've paid annually)
Free, but I will no doubt move to premium as my recipe collection increases. Which is another thing in favour of Brewfather, you get 10 recipes on the free version rather than 5 on BF

Whether you use the free or paid version the level of support from the developer is excellent. Very speedy response to any questions asked. Would highly recommend

Hi Ive been playing around with Brewfather.

My first brew on my Brewzilla was an out of the box all grain English IPA (for ease).

I had entered as much details in a recipe on Brewfather. I knew the malts and hops but not the exact quantities of the different types.

Running the Brewfather app moving over to from planning to brewing once I have the strike water upto temp and the grains mixed in I assumed pushing the "play" button on the 60 mins mashing would start the countdown? There seems a reset a stop but what ever I pushed it wouldn't start a countdown.

Same issue on the boil step.

Was no big issue as I just used the timer on my mobile.

I tried on my laptop and on the phone app?

Any ideas what I didnt do correct?

buddsy

Latest posts

Back