Brewferm Christmas ale.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rover69

Reaction score
Hi all.Thinking of brewing two Brewferm Christmas ales in same fv ,so ready for this Christmas.With it being two kits in the one fv would I have to use both sachets of yeast or just one?

I would use both.
I've brewed this one twice now and it takes a while to condition. Get it on now and it will be ready for Christmas this year. Don't delay until April/May time as it will still be a bit young.

I'd personally use both - especially being a higher abv beer, it will benefit from the higher pitch rate.

Thanks Pavros,going to get it brewing on Saturday.
I was watching a YouTube review Christmas ale,it was bottled in 2017 the bloke forgot about it and found in his shed after a clearout.Review was from last year and he said it was the best ale he had ever tastes .

This was my post in the 'What Kit Beer Are You Drinking Tonight?' thread from 1 January 2021.

'Drinking the last bottle of my Brewferm Christmas beer, bottled 31.12.17.

I think this kit is probably best between 9 and 15 months but it has certainly changed over time. Starts as a sweet fruit cake taste. At 15 to 18 months, it developed some nice liquorice undertones. Last new year, it had lost the liquorice but had some sherry flavours. Now it has lost that but tastes like a nice barleywine.

When I brew this again, I might put some in a demijohn with some wine barrel chunks for 6 months before bottling as an experiment. '

I deliberately bottled some in 3 large 750ml Leffe bottles so that I could try one at Christmas time 2018, 2019 and 2020 to see how it changes. I think I prefer it after it has been bottled for between 9 and 15/18 months but others may think differently depending on which flavours you prefer.

Wow! Think I'm going to have to stash some at the sister in laws for 18 month.If tastes that good after 9 month i'll struggle to get to 18.

Haha no probs Pavros,I brewed the Wit for Christmas gone and was a lovely beer.I gave to brother in law without saying from a kit and he was none the wider.That had 8 weeks conditioning...well half of it did.My patience levels are still being strengthened.

Hammer of Thor going in shed Tonight for cold crash and conditioning,leaving it till Easter.Then a Wilko feeling Hoppy IPA after getting the Christmas ale sorted.

100g citra hops and mangrove jacks neipa years and 1.2k of mangrove Jack hopefully feeling hoppier.

Latest posts

Back