Brewferm old Belgian brown no head

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
Looking for some advice please.
Made this brewferm kit. Flavour is ok but lacking (not in the vein of a Westmalle Trappist Dubbel as I was expecting), thin on body but the big problem is there is no head. Well carbonated. Fizzing away nicely. Has all the appearance of a glass of Pepsi.
On pouring it had a brown head which just fizzed away.
Made late May this year bottled July.
Any thoughts welcome
Cheers

My advice is leave it to condition, and then leave it some more. The Christmas kit benefited from being left for a year and just got better and better.

It’s hard but the difference is incredible. I put mine in some milk crates at the back of the garage out of the way and left them there. I did sample a bottle every couple of months, that way it almost encouraged me to not touch them because it was obviously getting better. I would definitely recommend the Christmas one, I’ll be getting it again soon to make for next year. Good luck.

I echo the conditioning. I bottled an all grain Dubbel back in May and it still needs more conditioning.

Lol, I shall strive for your resolve.
I guess the biggest problem is that it's a small kit. Need 2 tins really. That way not left with a couple of bottles when it's ready.

330ml bottles helped to ration myself with it...

Back