Brewferm Triple Wheat and English IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JiiPee95

Reaction score
Hello, haven't done a whole lot of brewing lately. We made a couple of kits in the summer and tried dey hopping for the first time with interesting results.

But now I thought it's a good time to brew something again, we ordered two Brewferm kits, Triple Wheat and English IPA. We've only done Coopers kits before so this is a new experiment. What I first noticed that these kits make less but stronger beer, so I have my hopes up it will be flavorful as well. We got 500g of spray malt to add for both brews. We decided to not use dry hopping at least not with these two since it's our first time trying the Brewferm kits. Does anyone have any experience if they make good beer?

Yes they're great kits and do make superior beer. But you need to leave them a while to mature. I've not done the ones you mention, I normally go for the stronger Belgian styles, and typically they take 4-6 months to get to their best. I have one bottle of Brewferm Abbey in the back of the fridge that is over 2 years old.

I do mainly AG brewing these days but these are the one kit manufacturer I continue to make regularly.

Yes they're great kits and do make superior beer. But you need to leave them a while to mature. I've not done the ones you mention, I normally go for the stronger Belgian styles, and typically they take 4-6 months to get to their best. I have one bottle of Brewferm Abbey in the back of the fridge that is over 2 years old.

I do mainly AG brewing these days but these are the one kit manufacturer I continue to make regularly.

Good to hear and thanks for the tip :) I was going to let them mature for at least 4 months anyways, I've noticed from the Coopers kits too that patience rewards you! I might have to buy a couple more after these are in the bottles.

Okay an update: We started last Saturday and took the first reading after OG since the waterlock doesn't really bubble anymore, not very often at least. OG was 1,076 and now we measured 1,025. The instructions say it should go down to 1,015. We will measure tomorrow and Sunday too to see if it's just really slow or stopped completely.

Hello, haven't done a whole lot of brewing lately. We made a couple of kits in the summer and tried dey hopping for the first time with interesting results.

But now I thought it's a good time to brew something again, we ordered two Brewferm kits, Triple Wheat and English IPA. We've only done Coopers kits before so this is a new experiment. What I first noticed that these kits make less but stronger beer, so I have my hopes up it will be flavorful as well. We got 500g of spray malt to add for both brews. We decided to not use dry hopping at least not with these two since it's our first time trying the Brewferm kits. Does anyone have any experience if they make good beer?
what darrellm says. I often buy 2 kits and double up because I feel less bad waiting 4+ months for 18 litres of beer than I would 9 :laugh8:

Today it's 1.024 so it's still going slow, gonna let it sit another week and take the next reading on Thursday maybe. The smell is really good!

Been 4 days since the last reading and now it's 1.023... do you think it's safe to bottle? The airlock isn't giving bubbles almost at all either so... The instructions just said it should go down to 1.015

We bottled the triple wheat on Saturday and was going to start the IPA... But the can had a dent in it and when we opened it there was some white stuff on the extract. We played it safe and didn't make that. We ordered a couple beer kits more, hopefully we can get to brewing this weekend.

Back