Brewing Anniversaries

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done twenty seven AG brews since 22/1/08. So i'm only a little over 6 month's in.

A while to go for me. :)

1st kit brew 20/03/93
1st AG brew 21/08/94

So 15 years beer making in March & 14 years AG this month :clap:

russt1969 said:
So 15 years beer making in March & 14 years AG this month :clap:

So it's fair to say you enjoy it then :D :clap:

Exactly one month after Wez... May 16th 2007 for AG and after MEB I feel like a wuss with just 16 brew days :roll:

Then again I've done a fair few meads and TCs and some real cider too :party: plus work takes me away from home alot of the time and when I am at home there is no time for a brew and then the associated bottling or baging(I use 5L wine bags for some of my ales), and no trusting the mrs is not a option :twisted:

prodigal2 said:
Exactly one month after Wez... May 16th 2007 for AG and after MEB I feel like a wuss with just 16 brew days :roll:

I'm a spoilt git-don't have to worry about days off or stuff. So i'm kinda cheating. :lol:

First kit sometime around 86 then first Ag around 90. Only ever brewed a couple of times a year until two December 05 since when it's gone mental :D

/Phil.

1978 to 1990 beer kits and country wines
1991 to Dec 2007 lasped
2008 to present Wine kits, country wines, TC, hic :!:
First AG yet to come. Side tracked trying to create the perfect shiny. Nearly there with the alternative.
It's all your fault V1 :)

Kingfisher said:
country wines

Kingfisher, by country wines to you mean 'from scratch' :?: this is something I'd love to do

country wines to you mean 'from scratch'

Yes Wez, a lot of the free stuff. I've got rhubarb, elderflower on and just finished (supped) my first brew of brambles which were picked and frozen last year and have also used tinned fruit, strawberry & peach, which turned out well. Looking forward to elderberry later and parsnip in the winter.

I'm itching for my first AG though and am thinking of a Coniston Bluebird clone with a bit of torrified wheat added. What do you think :?:

Kingfisher said:
country wines to you mean 'from scratch'

Yes Wez, a lot of the free stuff. I've got rhubarb, elderflower on and just finished (supped) my first brew of brambles which were picked and frozen last year and have also used tinned fruit, strawberry & peach, which turned out well. Looking forward to elderberry later and parsnip in the winter.

I'm itching for my first AG though and am thinking of a Coniston Bluebird clone with a bit of torrified wheat added. What do you think :?:

Bluebird is a legendary pint and I think my love of TW is well known - so thumbs up from me - I think that you'll be blown away by the difference from kits* to AG, please get the feedback from everyone else on the final recipe though, i'm a relative newby myself too :cool:

Regarding the wine :clap: Please can you post a begginers guide to wine making in the other brews section if you have the time, i'm sure it'll be helpful to all, in my experience most homebrewers like to dabble with wine, and to do it properly rather than with kits for me would be great. :D

*There are some excellent kits out there still and I do dabble myself from time to sime still.

I'd love a how to on wine making and even some recipes? I really haven't the fogiest how to make wine but i'd love to make me mam a few bottles, "the mama test" :lol:

Kingfisher said:

Bluebird is a cracker, Challenger hops being great. I have done it 2 times and its lovely :cheers:

First kit was sometime in 1980, First All Grain was July or August 1980, So its going to be my Ruby in 2 years time :eek: Still feel like a noob at times
And I must stop browsing the forums and get my recipe done for the group brew.

I was thinking of some grain, perhaps a bit of that one, and a little bit of that, with that one just for interest.

Hops was something like, some of those green ones as FWH, A Big handful of those ones for a 70C Steep, and then a small handful for dry hopping

Probably use some water, and I think I've got a sachet of yeast somewhere

Comments anyone :?

Back