Brewing Bad - Common mistakes made by homebrewers video guide

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or the 'hop stand' instead of 'whirlpool hops'. I'm not entirely convinced whirlpooling is even effective at home-brew scales. A little time, gravity and good old-fashioned diffusion is likely sufficient in most cases. I've never witnessed the required velocity being achieved at home-brew scales anyway.

It actually states that this channel is all about him teaching recipes and techniques and being careful of passing on info. So what his channel gives him the advantage of being able to use different equipment and there is a lot out there and pass on relevant information to those who find it maybe useful.

There are people on the forum with a wide range of experience ranging from beginners to very experienced expects. His videos are aimed in my opinion for the less experienced including myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mod team (including admin Angie) have decided Dave can carry on posting as before this is the final decision and is not up for discussion, thanks.

All previous posts leading to this decision have been deleted as they are no longer relevant.

Last edited:
Or the 'hop stand' instead of 'whirlpool hops'. I'm not entirely convinced whirlpooling is even effective at home-brew scales. A little time, gravity and good old-fashioned diffusion is likely sufficient in most cases. I've never witnessed the required velocity being achieved at home-brew scales anyway.
Whirlpool went out when the helix filter came in.
001.JPG
002.JPG

005.JPG

I was thinking about getting one from bacbrewing specifically for my old (but perfectly functional) 20L BM, but have made do with a hop bag over the Speidel ‘filter’. This seems effective enough, but I use whole hops mainly. I think I’ll have to give one these springer filters a go :cool:

I was thinking about getting one from bacbrewing specifically for my old (but perfectly functional) 20L BM, but have made do with a hop bag over the Speidel ‘filter’. This seems effective enough, but I use whole hops mainly. I think I’ll have to give one these springer filters a go :cool:
I have the BM as well as other SVB's I bought mine from China $3.00 US each/ metre. Minimum order was 100, I ended up selling 500 in Australia. Don't think thee are that many grain brewers in UK though.

Back