Brewing Clubs in Belfast.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinty

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Mark.
I would like to know if there are any homebrewing clubs in Belfast.
Cheers.

What phildo said. I've only been to a couple of their meets, but they're a decent bunch. There is another group from Belfast but I don't know anything about them, I think they are something to do with House of Homebrew (Nature's Way) on the Newtownards Rd.

What phildo said. I've only been to a couple of their meets, but they're a decent bunch. There is another group from Belfast but I don't know anything about them, I think they are something to do with House of Homebrew (Nature's Way) on the Newtownards Rd.
Think that one has gone by the wayside, going by what the owner said the last time I was in. But in general, I think they used to drop a bottle off and pick up one that someone else brewed. Now there's a lucky dip!

I’ve been meaning to go to one of them, but haven’t got round to it Yet, so it’s just the one in what was the brew bot pub then?

They should do one in the woodworkers, more Central!

Anyone been to the Boundary Brewery on the Newtownards rd in East Belfast.
Its a cooperative, i joined it last year.
I think they are still closed to the public due to Covid.
With Wetherspoons still closed as well, there doesn't seem to be anywhere in Belfast to get a decent pint of ale.
Never understood what people in N. Ireland have against real ale.
I got a taste for ale while living in England when i was younger, i actually worked at Fullers Brewery in Chiswick.
When i returned to N. Ireland i found that no pubs sold Ale on draught, most punters seemed suspicious of real ale, they regarded it as some sort of home brew.
The arrival of Wetherspoons in N. Ireland was a godsend to ale affectionado's like myself.
Now with my usual real ale outlets closed i may buy myself a micro brewery and start making my own stuff, LOL.

You're right, Whetherspoons have a pretty bad reputation but as you say it's about the only place you'll find cask ale in this country, and my introduction to the concept of beer with flavour was in The Bridge House with a pint of Abbot.

Wetherspoons is a bit hit and miss when comes to ales, but they have a good selection of ales, they have their regular house ales like Abbot and Ruddles and then they have their guest ales which are constantly changing.
I think Wetherspoons is ok, i drank plenty of ale in England, the quality was much the same.

I live in Derry it's the same, never seen ale until spoons opened. I worked in the bar when I was a student. Your selection consisted of harp, carlsberg, Guinness, smithwick's and strongbow.
Even today it's the same, my younger brother is manger of a craft bar. The biggest seller on tap is Heineken. They regularly have punk or gamma ray on tap.

Latest posts

Back