brewing kettle .

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

col222

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a Brewing kettle around 30L ? I want to use it on my gas cooker and i would like it to include a tap and hop filter .

Hi, I actually have a 35 litre aluminium pan, plus and unfitted metal tap and a 6inch and 12inch bazooka (hop filter). But I'm over in North Norfolk. I've only ever used to pan to heat sparge water, I have planned to either do biab or mach in a cool box I have but ended up buying a klarstein that I am very happy with.

If you are interested let me know and I'll look into postage. I'll get some pics. Probably around £50 Inc Post?

Hi, I actually have a 35 litre aluminium pan, plus and unfitted metal tap and a 6inch and 12inch bazooka (hop filter). But I'm over in North Norfolk. I've only ever used to pan to heat sparge water, I have planned to either do biab or mach in a cool box I have but ended up buying a klarstein that I am very happy with.

If you are interested let me know and I'll look into postage. I'll get some pics. Probably around £50 Inc Post?
Just a question about the hop filter, do i still need to put the malt in a bag or will the bazooka filter the malt ?

I had always planned to use a bag, but I'd never used this pan for making beer.

Note the tap and bazooka(s) aren't fitted - no hole has been drilled and it will need a connector from the tap to the bazooka - but they are both the same size so a simple female to female plumbing fitting will do the trick.

No problem if not for you, just made me think I've had it sitting around. I'll put it in the for sale forum if you aren't interested and get some pictures up after work.

I can strongly recommend the Burco 30L boilers. Not the cheapest but they are really solid, good thick gauge stainless steel and have a smooth and easy to clean bottom… I was going to buy a cheaper no-name one but changed my mind at the last minute and got one of these; really glad I did: Burco MFCT1030 Stainless Steel Cygnet Manual Fill Water Boiler, Silver, 30L Capacity https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004EAERSS/

Attachments

• 164A342C-38BD-46C5-908B-964FEBF763BC.jpeg
    164A342C-38BD-46C5-908B-964FEBF763BC.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back